The Associate Human Resources Business Partner is a key member of the HR Team and will partner with and support the HR Business Partners and their respective divisions delivering end-to-end human resources. The role will have focus heavily on execution in the early stages of the HR evolution at Cetera will be focused more on build and execute than the true strategic partner work. Additionally as the HR team will need to be nimble, this role will also work on various projects and will support 1-2 enterprise HR processes. The Associate Human Resources Business Partner will support 100-200 Cetera employees across multiple functional and commercial areas in both El Segundo and other Cetera offices.
The successful candidate will be excited about the opportunity to contribute to the build out of Cetera’s human resources capabilities and contributing toward the development of a best in class, business focused human resources environment.
Job Duties May Include:
- Support talent management programs; including providing coaching and assistance on setting objectives, providing written and verbal feedback and conducting mid-year and annual performance reviews.
- Review transfer and promotion requests
- Support managers with team building, talent development, workflow distribution and employee relations
- Support the end of year compensation cycle
- Assist with defining new jobs, updating job descriptions and ensuring roles are aligned with business and market strategy
- Handle basic employee relations issues
- Provide feedback to training team on business needs, roll out strategies and priorities
- Answer general leave, benefits and policy questions
- Provide coaching to managers to enhance leadership abilities, relationships among teams/individuals, interpersonal communications and performance management.
- Attend manager/leader meetings of business groups
- Provide input on HR training modules and programs
- Taking time to thoroughly understand the business needs and priorities, translating them into an executable human resources strategy.
- Effectively partner with and support the appropriate HR centers of excellence to provide a full range of HR services in the areas of talent acquisition, employee relations, compensation, and leadership and employee development.
- Ensure the consistent application of HR policies, processes and systems within the groups they support.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to quickly develop a solid understanding of how HR efforts should align with Cetera’s business strategy.
- Proven track record in quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with business leaders;
- Understanding & practical experience leveraging change management tenets and effective change communication strategies.
- Previous success influencing without direct authority.
- Excellent group facilitation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment are essential.
- High level of discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy.
Understanding the Business
- Basic understanding of the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate in general; learns new methods and technologies easily.
Creating the New and Different
- Is able to come up with the next great breakthrough thing to do; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about alternative futures without all of the data.
Being Organizationally Savvy
- Maneuvers well to get things done; maze bright; knows where to go to get what he/she needs; politically aware and agile; knows what the right thing to do is; presents views and arguments well.
- Warm, friendly, and interpersonally agile; easy to approach and talk to; relates well to all kinds of people; makes a pleasant first impression and builds solid relationships.
Acting with Honor and Character
- Is a person of high character; is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs; deals and talks straight; walks his/her talk; is direct and truthful but at the same time can keep confidences.
Skills and Requirements:
- 4-7 years of related human resources experience
- 2+ years HR Generalist experience preferred; ideal candidate will have also had experience in a specialty function area of human resources (e.g. leadership development, performance management, recruiting, compensation etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/ university in a relevant field required.
- Advanced/Master’s Degree in relevant discipline a plus
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- Foundational understanding of:
- compensation theory and application
- recruiting systems and best practices
- Employment law
- Organizational Development theory and application
- Motivation theory and application principles
- Change Management theory and application principles
- Understanding of HRIS applications
- Proficient to expert knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and HR systems.
- This role requires a hands-on leader who thrives in a high growth environment.
200 N Sepulveda Blvd
Aug 18, 2017, 11:58:44 PM