We’re ONE team that is driven by our vision to unleash the power of human collaboration by delivering innovative, world-class solutions to our customers. We work smart, with a collaborative state of mind that drives our strategy and helps us achieve our common goals.
Polycom’s innovative spirit begins with our people. We empower your personal and professional growth and we strive to give you everything you need to achieve your highest level of excellence. With your help, we’ll accomplish great things.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Partnering with Product Management peers to be responsible for the Skype for Business roadmap via UC Software
- Interfacing with end customers and partners to understand customer needs and how these needs translate into feature enhancements to be implemented on the products with a focus on UX
- Work with Engineering, User Experience (UX) and the Polycom Solutions Management team to prioritize and scope the effort for feature implementation and overall backlog grooming
- Working with partners/customers and Engineering and UX to define the Market, Prototypes and Product Requirements for these features
- Represent Solutions Management on the Core Team responsible for defining and delivering software releases, maintenance and hotfix release process, as well as agile sprints that deliver new products and feature enhancements
- Work with Product Marketing to distribute software releases for partners/customers and advertise the releases
- Full responsibility for release note management with clear description of issues, fixes and overall issue and feature descriptions
- Manage customer issue escalations by working with Polycom technical support and sales to ensure that product issues are quickly and efficiently resolved
- Establishing relationships within competitive analysis team to enable the bidirectional sharing competitive knowledge
- Perform advanced business case modelling and analysis on feature trade-offs and prioritizations
In performing the above tasks there will be frequent interactions with customers and partners and it will be essential that you can represent Polycom in a knowledgeable and professional light.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent and 2+ years of Product Management experience, MBA preferred
- Preference given for candidates with at least 3 years of product management experience specific to consumer or business communication products, including new product introduction and product lifecycle management
- Excellent understanding of user experience design and the impact of user experience on the success of a product
- Strong technical knowledge of business communication systems, PBXs and telephones. Preference given for Lync or Skype for Business experience
- Ability to build relationships with customers, channel partners, engineering, marketing and operations
- Demonstrated track record of effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment
- Experience in developing hardware and software products
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- International experience a plus