GameChanger contributes to the life-changing impact of sports.
We believe that Sports Matter because they inspire leadership, teamwork, toughness, commitment and confidence—critical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures.
We also understand that without its coaches, parents and volunteers, organized youth sports simply would not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes, we thank them, and above all else, we make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a mobile platform for amateur sports communities. Our scoring app delivers coaching insights and live fan updates for over 150,000 teams.
We're a team of just over 50 here at GC and growing rapidly with massive opportunity for both professional and personal growth. We’re headquartered in downtown Manhattan and are proud to be part of the Dick’s Sporting Goods family. We strive to be a culture of transparency and collaboration; working together to solve the hard problems and constantly be growing as individuals and as a company.
As a Tech Lead / Manager you will lead a small team of software developers in a cross-functional product team building mobile applications for youth sports teams. You will be a hands-on developer, a leader, and a coach. You will collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Marketers, QA Analysts, and other Engineering leaders.
- Play a key role in product and architectural decisions
- Contribute to the design and implementation of critical features used by millions of users
- Ship early and often. New iOS and Android apps are released every other week.
- Be a leader in continually improving our innovative engineering culture
- Promote responsible engineering practices
- Help the engineers on your team gain technical breadth and depth, improve judgment, and develop into tomorrow’s leaders
- Refine technical, leadership, and management skills that will serve as a foundation in your engineering management career
- 5+ years of software development experience
- People leadership experience at a small or mid-sized tech company with a DevOps and/or Agile culture
- Hands-on development experience with at least one of: iOS in Swift or Objective-C, Android in Java or Kotlin
- Comfort working in multi-disciplined product teams
- Ability and interest in learning a variety of technology stacks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer empathy
- History of successful product delivery
- Management training / reading
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration
- GitHub Pull Request Workflow
- NoSQL and Relational Database
At GameChanger we are…
- We put our customers first, always asking, “Will this enhance their youth sports experience?”
- We deeply understand our customers and work hard to anticipate their needs.
- We celebrate and support our customers’ contributions to their communities.
- We listen actively, seeking to understand others before making ourselves heard.
- We challenge each other directly while caring about each other personally.
- We do unglamorous work in service of the team.
- We set aggressive goals designed to drive meaningful change.
- We are eager teachers and curious students who invest in learning.
- We are resilient, thriving in change and adversity.
- We value creative ideas and productivity over seniority and hours worked.
- We entrust decisions to those best positioned to make them.
- We embrace individual responsibility and trust each other to deliver our best effort.
- We say “no” to valuable initiatives so we can concentrate resources on our most important work.
- We respect others’ time by limiting distractions, running efficient meetings and communicating concisely.
- Being part of a team of genuinely kind individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers and our employees.
- Awesome Ikea desks that will soon be traded in for contemporary furniture at our awesome new Tribeca digs.
- Benefits including medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependents.
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement and 529 College Savings Plan
- Opportunities for equity compensation
- Endless supply of snacks and drinks.
- Organized lunches, happy hours,, and team outings
- Unlimited vacation policy