Job ID R170095
VMware is looking for Software Engineer to join our VMware’s NSX team. NSX is a key component of VMware’s software defined datacenter (SDDC) and allows our customers to build, host and deploy applications in their cloud.
You will design and implement the next generation of networking applications using your expertise in distributed systems, software technologies and open source tools to solve difficult customer use cases and delight them in the process. You will be part of a bright engineering team that has open communication, innovation, empowerment and a customer success culture. You will collaborate with cross functional teams on innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast-paced and technically driven environment.
We are interested in engineers who love building robust and scalable systems, We're looking for ideas and skills from every area of computer science, including distributed systems, large-scale system design, networking and security. We hire engineers who can tackle hard problems in new areas and help define new markets.
- Design and implementation in Java to manage and enable robust, scalable, high-volume applications.
- Implement unit and integration tests in Java and Python.
- Lead and contribute significantly to engineering projects spanning multiple groups and team members.
- Ensure standards and procedures are being adhered to. Mentor engineers into the core development processes.
- Work and adhere to iterative software development
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- Benchmark with other commercial and open source offerings and identify opportunities for optimization.
- BS in Computer Science/related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 0.6+ years of general software programming experience in Java or C++.
- Experience of Python, knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming will be plus.
- Software development experience on Linux is preferred
- Should have experience of development of large scale applications - web infrastructure, distributed systems, database replication, high availability etc.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, virtualization, networking and security constructs and open source software is preferred.