The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and visual design skills. He/She will thrive in a fast paced work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
This individual should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of people, the business and how to solve for them through design.
- Partners with design, engineering and product management team members in the execution and delivery of successful products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process.
- Contributes to planning and estimating work and participates in broader work stream coordination and expectation setting.
- Creates high quality deliverables and executes based on UX goals and priorities without prescriptive guidance or direction, managing his/her own work to a larger schedule.
- Leverages, fosters and extends the use of established UX techniques, templates, presentations and assets in the creation of UX analysis, solutions and materials;
- Contributes to the adaptation of PayPal UX tools, methodology and software and proposes new solutions or optimizes existing ones.
- Creates opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline dynamics. Drives UX team delivery excellence, furthering internal and external UX influence and goals.
- May lead one or more individuals in experience and design initiatives. Informally mentors junior UX practitioners in best practices, process and methodology.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in the study of design including one of the following; Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- 4+ years experience.
- Has a thorough understanding of UX methodology and lifecycle across key channels and platforms.
- Customer-focused with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights.
- Effectively operates within an iterative design team, managing UX responsibilities against defined milestones and plan with little day-to-day oversight.
- Knowledge of key channels and platforms, with experience in areas of mobile, portable, dedicated, web or native mobile design.
- Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories and internal communication tools.