MongoDB, Inc is seeking Computer Science students with a strong background in CS theory and systems, to join us in building the next revolution in database technology at our New York City Headquarters.
By offering the best of traditional databases as well as the flexibility, scale, and performance required by today’s applications, MongoDB lets innovators deploy apps as big as they can possibly dream. From startups to enterprises, for the modern and the mission-critical, MongoDB is the database for giant ideas.
As a New Grad Software Engineer, you will be considered for various roles across MongoDB’s engineering teams. During your first six months as an employee, you’ll participate in our rotation program where you get to experience a new engineering team every 6 weeks. At the end of the 6 months, you are placed on one of the teams you rotated through based on where your personality, passion, and skill set best fit.
The right candidate for this role will:
- Be in the process of receiving or having received a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Have a solid foundation in computer science theory, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Have experience writing and testing software whether as part of an internship, in a personal project, in a coding competition, or for research
- Be genuinely interested in MongoDB the company and be excited to learn the product, if you don’t already know how to use it
- Be interested in living and working in NYC
Engineering teams include:
- Drivers - The Drivers team provides libraries and tools that developers all over the world use to interface with MongoDB. Engineers on this team work in a number of languages, are contributing to numerous open-source projects, and regularly speak at conferences and user-groups.
- Development Productivity - If you’ve ever thought about how you build software, then you are thinking about development productivity. The Development Productivity team develops the products, tools, and infrastructure needed by MongoDB Engineers to build the world’s most scalable and flexible datastore solutions.
- Internal Tools -This team facilitates the company's growth by helping develop our inter-team communication platforms, constantly evolving the company's web presence, while learning and applying the latest web technologies.
- Release - The Release Engineering Team works with users inside and outside the company to diagnose and troubleshoot database issues, partners with the server developer team to schedule fixes, and ensures the health and reliability of the necessary infrastructure for the the timely production of MongoDB releases.
- Documentation - The Docs team at MongoDB is responsible for writing all of the technical documentation that supports the MongoDB ecosystem.
- Professional Services - MongoDB's Consulting Engineers are the vanguard of the company's field efforts in ensuring customer success.
- Education - Education engineering is an ed-tech startup within a startup. They develop and maintain the online course platform for MongoDB University.
- Technical Services - Technical Service Engineers use their exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, along with deep technical experience to advise customers and to solve their complex MongoDB problems.