Support for regional/global sourcing project, participate the process of supplier development, evaluation and qualification.
- Lead the process of supplier evaluation and qualification in terms of Eaton supplier qualification system requirements.
- Support material prototype, FAI, PPAP and release process in sourcing project.
- Conduct process audit, MSA, continuous improvement and prevention system development with suppliers.
- Review PPAP documentations; verify SSA on-site (if necessary) and execute process audit as process requirements.
- Keep tracking supplier performance and look for opportunities to improve including quality, delivery, service, cost management, relationship, and technical support and so on.
- If need, train supplier about CTQ, PPAP, knowledge to satisfy Eaton project requirements.
- Conduct business in a manner that is consistent with Eaton policies and procedures including Eaton Business Code of Conduct.
- Collaborate with regional SCM and Plants on Supplier Quality Improvement. Measure supplier performance using standard supplier quality KPI such as DPPM, LRR% , raw material incidence and etc.
- Conduct audit for new supplier development, verify the effectiveness of the cross-functional supplier selection process to ensure that the best possible suppliers are selected under consideration of the Total Cost of Ownership approach;
- Applies Advanced Quality planning techniques such as SPC, FMEA, Control Plan, and Measurement System Analysis to evaluate supplier’s manufacturing ability to produce products with a stable process
- Works with supply base to assure product is submitted for approval to support new product development and launches (PPAP/FAI process)
- Perform supplier quality role in PROLaunch for new product introduction, work out Supplier Production Control Plans, Supplier Production Part Approval Documentation, Supplier Process Risk Assessment & Mitigation, Supplier Error Proofing Plans.
- Deploy Eaton EQS and Supplier Excellence Manual for custom made part and to strategic suppliers
- Supplier DPPM analysis, set up metrics to measure supplier quality performance, drive supplier for continuous quality improvement. Monitor supplier corrective actions.
- Drive Close Loop Corrective Action for Material issues
- Provide Supplier Training on SSA, QPA, PFA, FAI, ProLaunch/PPAP, 8D, EQS, and SEM
- Handle customer complaint events for regional suppliers, conduct containment action, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions with suppliers to satisfied customers. If need, work closely with supplier on-site to find out root cause and verify actions on-site as well.
Applies standard Eaton system and management concepts to effectively manage supplier quality performance for Eaton Electric Business Unit in the region.
Conduct audit for new supplier development and annual audit for existing supplier.
Develop Quality Process Audit sheet for components with suppliers; Lead risk assessments and create product quality control plans with suppliers
New Part Qualification and Improvement
Conduct Quality Process Audit for supplier continuous improvement
Perform Focus supplier improvement, support QBR meeting with strategic suppliers, focus on establishment of supplier capability and preventive quality system
Support supplier to develop ITP (inspection test plan) for important parts and ensure supplier follow it with proper inspection gauges and correct inspection method
Run and SEM for critical suppliers, provide supplier management tools training and mentoring to the suppliers for quality awareness, 8D tools, PPAP/FAI, SPC, Lean & six sigma tools, support all suppliers to build Lean and six sigma system, improve suppliers’ process capacity
Applies appropriate product knowledge and project management concepts to effectively support complex sourcing projects for Eaton Electric Business Unit regional.
Participates in cross-functional teams involving Eaton Global, Regional, Division Plants functions to improve supplier quality performance aspects.
Participates in cross-functional teams involving the suppliers and Eaton functions to implement sourcing projects.
Assists in defining and implementing supplier development activities.
Interface between the suppliers activity and Eaton operations, to ensure that engineering and manufacturing quality and compliance with Eaton required standards is assured.
Conducts basic problem solving and root cause analysis activities in order to eliminate recurrence of non-conformities.
Technical degree in engineering discipline or equivalent work experience with minimum 5 years experiences in supplier quality management.
Must have a strong technical background in working with Packaging, or Plastic Molding and Metal Stamping suppliers.
Must have a strong technical background in working with PCB & Electro-Mechanical suppliers.
Quality system and Production process audit skill. Is able to create and manage quality improvement plans at supplier site
Technically incline and knows how to interpret drawings / diagrams. Able to read English drawings and specifications. Able to communicate through English e-mails and oral skill.
Strong knowledge and experience in Process Capability Study (Cpk), Process Control Charts, Control Plan, PPAP, Inspection Plan, 8-D, APQP etc.
Understanding of ISO9000, TS16949 and Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma belt status a plus
Strong team player with good knowledge in team building, team leadership and brain-storming.
Self-driven, result, and process oriented. Motivated to work effectively without direct supervision.
Good computer skill in Excel, Power Point and Word. Strong analytical ability.
Experience in supporting USA or European factories for sourcing from China, including the co-ordination with divisional commodity managers and product engineers in the USA or Europe, and supporting supplier discussions if required.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time