Stride aspires to reflect the diversity of the teams and clients we serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to better outcomes for our clients. As a values driven company, we look for individuals who value honesty, humility, respect, learning from failure, and helping others.
Stride developers, also known as Striders, embed with tech teams exclusively in New York City (you read that right, no travel) to help them be their best while writing code alongside them. Our goal is to leave our client-teams functioning at a higher level than when we found them. Most of our work is with Agile teams who write code in modern tech stacks such as Ruby on Rails, React, Python, Scala, Java8, Elixir and more.
We’re bootstrapped and profitable so we don’t have a board of directors to answer to or investors who need to make a return. This means we are in control of our growth and can do so at a pace that sustains our culture and prioritizes the happiness of our consultants.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll mentor and lead teams ( both internally as well as on the client-side) on the value of Test Driven Development (TDD), Pair Programming, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Improvement
- Directly guide the technical strategy for our clients and explore ways to improve our business relevance
- Engage with local tech community (speak at conferences, get published, contribute to open source projects, blogs, etc)
- Guide clients through today's significant technical challenges and create roadmaps that will impact their competitive place in the market
- Possess the credibility and gravitas to operate to work closely with C-level executives to define and deliver the technical strategy
What we expect from you:
- 12+ years of professional software development experience
- Expertise in multiple programming languages and the ability to quickly gain proficiency in unfamiliar languages
- Can guide team strategy
- Can see projects through from inception to deployment
- Experience teaching TDD, story estimation, test writing, and effective pair programming
What you can expect from us:
- Awesome culture - We have a 5 star rating on Glassdoor and are one of Crain’s 100 best places to work in NYC
- No travel
- Competitive Pay and Benefits (including Profit Sharing!)
- You’ll work at a self-defined Sustainable Pace
- Stride will invest $2,000 and a up to two weeks of your time in self-directed professional development
**If you do not currently have an updated resume, that's no problem. Please provide a link to any websites or online profiles you want us to take a look at. You can upload this info in a document via the Resume link.
If this excites you, please apply below!