- Bachelor's Degree, or relevant technical experience
- Fluency in English with good communication skills (written and oral)
- Previous experience plus certification(s) (i.e. Security+, MCSE, MCP, CNE and CCNA) that sufficiently demonstrates ability to analyse, meet deadlines, and problem solve in a product support environment.
- Proven experience in a role with networking, Security software and Windows Server administration
- The Ideal candidate will be fully familiar with Symantec products and architecture, Able to troubleshoot and identify complex network and software issues.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server administration, Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory. Knowledge on VMware and Unix/Linux based Operating Systems (SUSE, RedHat, AIX, MAC and Solaris) is a Plus.
- SQL Programming/coding/T-SQL experience.
- Working knowledge of network and computer security is a requirement.
- Understanding of IIS (web server), SSL concepts.
- Knowledge of tools used for software deployment/patching/imaging is a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, customer service, and troubleshooting skills are required for this position as well as organizational skills, high-level troubleshooting, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Direct customer support experience is required.
- Passionate about customer support.
- Appreciate working in a group/team with minimal supervision.
- Experience providing technical training required.
- Fluency with a second major European language a definite plus.
- Travel Percentage: <=25%
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.