The PTL Specialist works within the ADM COE deployment team and among IT staff and functional leaders to invoke standard processes through the implementation of our common PTL Systems (Kronos for T&A, Northgate Arinso for Payroll)
The Specialist will cover the PTL (Payroll, Time & Labor) processes – including workforce scheduling, labor rules, payroll rules, employee groupings, and all related master data.
The Specialist is involved throughout the full project lifecycle by assisting any team member and the Project Managers through requirements gathering, analysis of proposed process and/or system changes, management of system changes, technical specifications, design solutions and testing aligned with the project scope and timeline.
- Hands-on KRONOS/T&L project work in EMEA countries (ability to configure is a plus).
- Responsible for in-depth functional & business process knowledge of target application with focus on the PTL processes and their configuration in PTL solutions (Kronos preferred).
- Leads/Participates in implementation/enhancement projects for target system using a waterfall project management methodology (AGILE is a plus).
- Participates in the entire project lifecycle: analysis of proposed process/system changes, management of approved requirements specifications & verification of implementation scope, UAT support.
- Partners with business users on requirements, processes & systems, UAT events.
- Provides knowledge & input on system implications of process changes.
- Helps manage requirements scope & disposition through process compliance & gap analysis, integration testing & user acceptance methodology.
- Participates in unit testing, integration testing support & review of training materials.
- Coordinates user acceptance testing, plans/coordinates deployment, designs appropriate measures to report on success & client acceptance of technical implementations.
- Complete project related deliverables including future state design documentation and requirements documentation.
- Ability to do system configuration as required for high complexity level projects.
- Applies project methodology and governance processes including the change control, system development life cycle, and regression testing.
- Support specific end to end processes and has advanced level understanding of system touch points (interfaces upstream and downstream, with HR master, Financials, third-party systems such as tax…)
- Prepares and provides training as required to business process owners and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitates regression testing for global solutions as needed prior to migrating designs to Production.
- Communicates effectively status for deliverables to project management and leadership to effectively mitigate risks and resolve issues.
Responsible for applying business knowledge and best practices toward solution design for the system.
Lead small IT or runner projects as required.
Provide a consulting level presence for projects and implementations he or she supports.
- Drives standardization and Governance adherence
- Supports the elaboration of Business Cases, including cost estimates, high level solution design and project scoping, business rationale.
- Leads workshops.
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience
- Kronos expert knowledge
- Knowledge of Northgate Arinso payroll solutions and Oracle HCM (HRMS module) is a plus.
- Strong Business and Analytical skill for complex problem solving, demonstrated ability to understand the business problem and to use analytical skills to research and resolve.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex business processes and systems.
- Experience working on complex projects delivered on time and error-free.
- Experience interfacing with all levels of IT professionals and business customers.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both business and technical stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and management, including defining and managing scope and requirement changes.
- Excellent analysis and documentation skills, including prototyping,
- Excellent communication (English oral and written) and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and team work skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet dead lines.
- Eaton Finance/HR applications knowledge is a plus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time