Zuercher Technologies is a software company on a mission to raise the bar for what public safety agencies can expect from their software, and we’re seeking a product analyst to help us take the system that’s earning us fans nationwide and make it even better. As a product analyst, you will collaborate with product management and our development teams on one or more of our products and drive them forward. This entails working closely with public safety agencies (i.e., law enforcement agencies, 911 dispatch centers, and correctional facilities) across the country to understand customer needs and writing functional specifications for new products and enhancements.
Being a software product analyst at Zuercher Technologies means taking ownership of something great and making it even better. It means pouring your passion for the power of software to solve problems into a product that is used daily by real people to do real work - like dispatching emergency responders to 911 calls and investigating crimes. In return, it gives the satisfaction of knowing that what you do every day has a significant impact on a company, a software product, and the customers who use it. And that’s pretty cool.
Zuercher Technologies provides a comprehensive public safety software solution to agencies across the U.S. under its flagship product, Zuercher Suite, encompassing computer-aided dispatch, mapping, records management, jail management, civil process, criminal investigations, crime analysis, agency financial, agency administration, and mobile CAD (computer-aided dispatch) and records. Founded in 2003, Zuercher Technologies is based in Sioux Falls, SD. Zuercher is part of TriTech Software Systems, which is the largest public safety software company in the world with over 3,500 agency installations serving 255+ million citizens in 16 countries.
Here's an overview of the tasks and responsibilities:
- Gather input from various sources including direct interaction with product management, engineering teams, public safety agencies, and Zuercher customer support groups
- Develop a “subject matter expert” level of knowledge in the software products you support
- Work directly with software developers and quality assurance analysts throughout the software development lifecycle to guide the development of new products/features
- Research technical documentation for specification details
- Read State Reporting Documentation and translate into detailed functional specifications
- Write clear, detailed functional specifications to be followed by software developers and later used for quality assurance testing
- Work closely with other product managers responsible for other areas of the software to ensure consistency, quality, and ease of use across the product suite
- Conduct both internal and customer-facing presentations about software features/capabilities (internal training, user conferences, sales demos, trade shows)
- Assist in writing documentation defining and explaining products and features for both internal and external use (e.g., sales enablement materials, statements of work, release notes)
- This is a full-time position based in our Sioux Falls, SD office
Interested? Here's what we need from you:
- Passionate about software and dedicated to the best possible user experience
- Extremely strong analytical and creative thinking skills
- Excellent writing skills; the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, detailed organized manner that follows standard conventions of spelling, punctuation, grammar, and usage
- Excellent oral communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to interact professionally with customers over the phone, via email, and in person
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience in product management, software design, and/or other areas of the software development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a technical field
What we offer in return for all your great skills:
- Competitive salary
- Retirement plan with matching
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Care Savings Account
- Daily catered lunch and self-serve breakfast
- Free soft drinks and snacks
- Casual work environment
What's exciting beyond that?
- Food! Free self-serve breakfast and catered lunch every day, free snacks, free drinks. You shall not go hungry or lack caffeine!
- Comfortable environment. We wear jeans, t-shirts, and sandals (but not with socks), etc.
- All engineering machines have 3 large LCDs, multicore CPUs, SSDs, and lots of RAM. No more waiting around for the compiler. (http://xkcd.com/303/)
- All engineers have their own comfortable private offices, complete with a door that closes and fancy chair of preference (we all like Aerons but you can use a bean bag if that's how you roll).
- A practically unlimited Amazon book budget. Need to read a book to learn about that new framework or language? Done.
- A highly skilled and helpful group of engineers as your coworkers. Trying to figure out the best way to refactor that function? Just send out an SOS in chat or roll your Aeron over to someone’s office.
- We pass the Joel Test, and then some. (http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000043.html)
Zuercher is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity