Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to ﬁnancial services creates opportunity, PayPal (Nasdaq: PYPL) is committed to democratizing ﬁnancial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s nearly 200 million active account holders the conﬁdence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and ﬂexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies
Every day at PayPal, we are changing the way the world does business by challenging the status quo, innovating and enabling business between millions of people across the globe. What we do at PayPal has never been done before and it has a tremendous impact! We build BIG and NEW products to drive worldwide commerce. Be it the next mobile payments solution, or a high availability money movement platform, we solve problems on a scale you just can't find elsewhere. PayPal continues to push the boundaries of technology by investing in individuals who passionately believe in the potential of innovative technologies that make up a global market places
For more information on PayPal, visit https://about.paypal-corp.com. For PYPL financial information, visit https://investor.paypal-corp.com.
EMEA Digital Marketing Transformation Team
The EMEA Digital Marketing Transformation team is a very well regarded and rapidly growing function tasked with accelerating PayPal’s marketing capability across the region. The team is made up of (1) Channel Teams with subject matter expertise across Paid Media, Website, SEO, Database Marketing, Email & Onsite (2) Marketing Operations who drive best in class campaigns via on and off shore teams covering Web, Ad, Email, Database & Process Ops, and (3) a Digital Delivery Team leading change & project management of new Marketing / Advertising technology and supporting Centres of Excellence.
Key projects are being driven forward in the areas of Digital Advertising, Website, CRM, Data/Analytics, Digital Planning & Operations. The team are looking for high caliber, self-motivated and results driven individuals to help lead & execute change at this exciting time.
EMEA Senior Change Manager
The Senior EMEA Change Manager will report to the Director of Digital Delivery & COE. It is a new role for an ambitious candidate looking for a challenge. You will be responsible for establishing a 1st class Digital Delivery team capable of scaling Marketing and Advertising technologies regionally to maximise opportunities to drive increased revenues, NNA (Net New Actives) and engagement.
- Help establish the Digital Programme & Change Management discipline within the new Digital Delivery COE, working closely with the Senior Programme Manager.
- Design & deploy Change Management framework across Marketing for Digital projects.
- Play a key role in defining the phased roll out of (1) a central Centre of Excellence, (2) a distributed CM resource / support model in EMEA markets, and (3) an offshore marketing operation team structure required to drive adoption and execution of all priority projects.
- Define Regional Market Readiness for all programs of activity & manage deployment against key success criteria to maximise adoption & ROI.
- Ensure required skills are held within EMEA region across all internal & external teams to ensure new technology is adopted at speed & at scale (multiple regions)
- Support all key leaders in the team (i.e. Head of Website, Head of Media, Head of CRM, Head of Tech) to ensure all Change Programmes are consistent in approach.
- Be accountable for ensuring senior stakeholders understand the risks and agree on mitigation actions for each of those risks in a timely fashion.
- Create a learning and development framework for PayPal marketers across EMEA.
- Manage all communication channels & strategies associated with key initiatives.
- Develop research & benchmarking assets on customers, competitors, new entrants and other industries / geographies to demonstrate global best practices.
- Minimum 5-8 years, demonstrated project management & change management experience involving high collaboration and diverse stakeholders.
- Experience of strategy development, goal setting and measurement system deployment to help prove impact of new technology and new ways of working.
- Track record of delivering digital programmes with excellence. You have many examples of redirecting or redefining resources, business processes, budget allocations, or other modes of operation that have helped an organization achieve a step change.
- Excellent understanding of Change Management techniques and models plus practical experience of applying these in different organisations.
- Experience working on complex Digital Marketing projects, with plenty of experience dealing with roadblocks, issues…
- Experience client side a must, agency experience also a bonus.
- Undergraduate degree from a leading university.
Skills & Abilities required:
- Must have demonstrably strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), to include speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, able to work in a highly complex, matrix organization.
- Results focused and highly energetic to drive the defined team and organizational goals
- Ability to lead project teams across rapidly changing structures within a high-growth business.
- Given the growth nature of this business, individual must be pragmatic and capable of working in a fast moving and entrepreneurial environment
- Passionate about PayPal, will be a strong external ambassador / advocate for the business and will be highly collaborative with the ability to work successfully across teams, regions and functions.
- Analytical with superior creative problem solving skills over near and long-term planning horizons
- Strong business understanding and orientation and effectively handles multiple, rapidly changing and conflicting priorities
- Highly detailed with a systematic approach, sense of responsibility and strong, positive customer focus
- Strong excel modeling and powerpoint / presentations skills.
- Consistently delivers tangible results – makes a clear business contribution, proposes initiatives that add value and make a difference. Resourceful and resilient; tries different approaches and work-arounds; removes roadblocks.
- Execute Well - Maps out own/others’ time and priorities over 6-12 months, aligns own/others’ priorities with a business plan, differentiates and priortises to focus on what is important. Keeps things simple-operates with efficiency
- Compete to Win – Looks outside the business to spot and anticipate trends, finds opportunities to meet with customers, translates customer needs to relevance for own work/area. Quick to share emerging trends and developments with the business
- Innovate – Open to exploring ideas beyond own expertise, challenges -asks ‘why?’ Identifies improvements to save time, energy, cost, etc. Remains calm in the face of crises and turbulent times.
- Enable and Grow Talent – Approachable source of advice and expertise, Invests time in coaching; appreciates the longer-term benefit. Provides experiences that stretch and promote learning, builds capability and a succession pipeline.
- Lead Completely – Puts together the right team(s) to achieve goals. Rallies people around a cause; enthuses them to deliver. Clear about standards and expectations. Straight and constructive with feedback; addresses underperformance promptly. Understands what is expected from a people manager (whether direct or dotted line teams). Contributes to the business leadership agenda; sets business area vision
- Navigate the Matrix – Engages readily with colleagues in own and similar functions. Collaborates on the wider business agenda. Understands the perspectives/ challenges of other business areas.
What we offer?
- Be part of a dynamic team who are enabling marketing …shaping the payments landscape of the region
- Concrete experience with strategic thinking and on-the-ground drive and execution
- Future career opportunities with international exposure via PayPal’s network of global locations
- A supportive environment that allows our employees to thrive and learn
- An opportunity to be a part of a community voted one of the Best Workplaces in Europe