CrowdStrike is looking to hire a Sr. Systems Engineer in Data Services, to help us take our data systems operations and automation to the next level. We’re looking for a highly-technical, hands-on engineer. Who loves working with data plane services like Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, and Spark, and is comfortable building self-service APIs and automation around large-scale cloud-based critical systems. We’ll be looking at candidate CVs with an eye on achievement. What you’ve accomplished in the past tells us the most about what you can do for us in the future.
Open to candidates across Romania with a preference for Bucharest
- Maintain a deep understanding of the data components including: Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, and Spark, and use that understanding to automate creation and maintenance of properly configured clusters.
- Work with Engineering to roll out new products and features.
- Develop infrastructure services to support the CrowdStrike engineering team’s pursuit of a full devops model.
- Work closely with Engineering and Customer Support to troubleshoot time-sensitive production issues, regardless of when they happen.
- Keep petabytes of critical business data safe, secure, and available.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience automating creation and maintenance of large scale datastores.
- Experience building, securing and supporting internal service APIs
- Experience with large-scale, business-critical Linux environments
- High level of proficiency with Python
- Experience operating within the cloud, preferably Amazon Web Services
- Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams
- Track record of making great decisions, particularly when it matters most
- Rock solid verbal, written, and communication skills
- A combination of confidence and independence... with the prudence to know when to
ask for help from the rest of the team
- Experience in the information security industry preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, such as CS, CIS or Engineering
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.