The Admin & Accounts Associate will assist and report to State Manager and on need basis to Accounting and Finance officer. Primary responsibilities include assisting in maintaining all aspects of the organization’s finances and accounting and administrative initiatives at State Level.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility of ensuring the proper and effective implementation of finance and admin related policies and guidelines at SO level.
- Handle independently the partners’ finance management related issues and ensure fulfillment of legal compliance and corrective measures by partners through partners visit, communication and regular follow up.
- Support and guidance to admin associate in procurement, logistics and other admin related works.
- Budget tracking and provide timely alert to program team on utilization and under spending of budget.
- Will be fully responsible to prepare program related annual budget with support from program team.
- Help team in preparing partners’ budget and other relevant documentation.
- Verification and Finalization of bills\vouchers for payment and enter in to Tally Software on day to day basis.
- Quarterisation of operations budget and travel budget for all the three programs
- Assist Program Team in in Quarterisation of Budget of all three programs
- Prepare Indirect Budget and Travel Budget independently.
- Assist Program Team in Preparation of Partners Budget
- Preparation of Fund Projection and Fund Request for Operation and programs with support from program team.
- Monthly Closing of Accounts and submission to CO.
- Preparation of Summary Sheets (FC and Non FC) and submit to CO.
- Preparation of TDS Details (FC and Non FC) and submit to CO.
- Collection of Bank A/c Statement and preparation of BRS and submit to CO.
- Preparation of Financial Statement of Expenditure against Fund Received of all programs and operations and shared with teams on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Partners visit for their Administrative and Financial Monitoring to strengthen their system.
- Review partner’s funds transfer related documents and verify for fund transfer and send to CO.
- Any other assignment given from time to time as per organizational requirement by CO or Program Team and SM.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or related field
- A minimum of two -three years of experience in NGO Accounting field and managing administration.
- Adopt at using Microsoft Office applications – word, excel……
- Working experience in Tally 7.2 or 9.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English & Hindi
- Advanced degree in finance related field/ similar field
- 3 years related accounting experience in an NGO/International NGO
- Flexible attitude towards changing priorities and ability to multi-task with an eye for detail.
- Strong initiative skill.
- Team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
The salary range for this position will be determined based upon the experience of the candidate hired. Health benefits are also provided. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the world through the lifelong gift of education.
India - Uttar Pradesh
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled