We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Western Digital’s University Recruiting Team is looking for a recruiter responsible for driving school recruitment strategy at top colleges and universities, building and strengthening relationships with internal and external clients and serving as a talent scout for the firm.
The University Recruiting team is a fast moving, rapidly evolving team that is working to position Western Digital, as one of the leading employer brands at top Engineering colleges and universities within the United States and around the world. The team’s objective is to source and deliver exceptional entry-level talent to the company across a broad spectrum of roles and training programs. This is accomplished through developing close and collaborative relationships with leading educational institutions; leveraging Western Digital’s extensive marketing capabilities to design and deploy an effective recruiting marketing campaign; utilizing technology to the fullest extent (including social media) to connect with candidates; and developing sophisticated candidate screening and selection methods to cast a wide net for talent and hire the best while ensuring a great candidate experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute the campus hiring strategy at target colleges and universities across the country
- Initiate participation in campus activities (i.e. Career Fairs, Information Sessions, student activities).
- Attend and manage campus-specific Career Fairs, Information Sessions and Presentations, Initial round interviews, Superdays (Final round interviews), Office visits and other creative campus events.
- Work with the University Recruitment Manager to design the strategic plan for yearly implementation of hiring goals and objectives for both internship and full-time programs.
- Act as an internal consultant to key stakeholders on guidelines related to campus relations and recruiting (process, goals) for the season.
- Consult and meet regularly with hiring managers to ensure understanding of job requirements, review sourcing and advertising options, assist in the selection process, and facilitate on-boarding as necessary.
- Conduct initial screenings and on-site interviews, evaluation and documentation of interview feedback, as well as completion of all requirements within applicant tracking system. Maintain and update applicant tracking database.
- Evaluate skill level and provide guidance to internal/external candidates throughout the interview process.
- Develop strategic sourcing strategies to effectively source candidates through cold calling, networking, career fairs, Internet postings, on-campus recruiting, and employee referrals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience with demonstrated emphasis on corporate recruiting and employment experience in a professional fast paced environment.
- Experience with University/Campus recruitment/relations preferred.
- A creative, innovative thinker with strong communication skills who will be able to strengthen the Western Digital brand on campus and be a culture carrier for the organization
- Proven organization skills - ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with competing demands.
- Excellent presentation and problem solving skills by proactively driving results and being solution oriented.
- Knowledge of employment law, corporate recruitment processes, recruitment strategies are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to establish relationships with all levels of an organization.
- Must have experience with full life cycle recruiting including demonstrated expertise in advanced internet searching, candidate research and cold calling.
- Ability to manage customer relationships, provide strong customer service skills and work in a team environment.
- Experience utilizing an applicant tracking system
- Expertise in MS Office tools - MS word, Excel and MS Outlook.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.
Human Resources & Talent Acquisition