With direct supervision and oversight this position provides exposure and opportunity to investigate a career and gain business knowledge and practical application of a specific function within the food distribution industry.
About the US Foods Summer Intern Program
The US Foods Summer Internship Program provides a forum for students to apply classroom skills and academic training in a real world business environment. In addition to being assigned business-impacting projects throughout the summer, students will be matched with a manager who will meet with them on a regular basis to provide direction on assignments as well as deliver performance feedback and a mentor who will be available to offer day-to-day guidance and support.
Embracing the organization’s core values, the US Foods Summer Internship Program Mission is to TEAM UP to build a supportive learning environment where we TALK STRAIGHT about performance development by delivering constructive feedback and positive reinforcement to deliver SECOND TO NONE program experiences to those students who spend their summers with us.
Interns will also get exposure to US Foods executive leadership; have an opportunity to participate in learning and social events with other interns across business functions within our Corporate HQ; and have an opportunity to deliver an end-of-summer presentation to showcase their accomplishments with key business leaders.
US Foods internships are full-time paid positions (40 hours per week from May - August) with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time position post-graduation dependent on availability and overall performance.
US Foods IT internship program will include assigning a mentor at the Director or above level who will meet with the intern on a regular basis to ensure the quality of the assignment. We will also assign a local manager and a mentor for day-to-day interactions. The intern will also get exposure to executive management in the IT organization via 1:1’s and a presentation at the end of the summer assignment. The intention is that the intern will continue to work part-time during the school year and be considered for an offer of full-time employment.
The US Foods Business Relationship group is seeking an Intern – IT – BA Analyst to join their team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with business users and gather requirements for applications to address the business needs
- Learn the current business processes and identify areas of opportunity to improve process
- Create requirements documentation that outlines the desired processes and specifications.
- Participate in daily and weekly Agile team meetings.
- Work with development team to translate requirements into a feasible technical design.
- Discover the process of developing wireframe designs by interacting with the User Experience lead.
- Collaborate with the testing team to ensure the requirements are implemented per the specifications and help troubleshoot issues.
- Partake in meetings to plan the deployment of the tools to divisions across the country.
Please note: we are not able to provide internships to students that require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status).
In addition, no housing allocation will be provided, so local-residing candidates are encouraged to apply.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Science or related area of study.
- Must be enrolled in school during time of internship
- Typically, students currently between their Junior and Senior years or between their 1st and 2nd years of graduate school will be considered for internships
- Excellent organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with business process optimization and/or gathering business requirements.
· Must have regular, reliable method of transportation to commute to US Foods’ location
- Exposure to the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Exposure to the Agile methodology.
Job requires worker to:
Job requires worker to lift:
50-100 lbs. (Heavy) 0%
Job requires worker to carry:
25-50 lbs. (Medium) 0%