At American Family Insurance, we’re driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R6591 Innovation Catalyst (Open)
The Innovation Catalyst is accountable for building capabilities, behaviors, and systems across the company to drive an innovative, agile, and customer-driven cultural transformation. Leveraging the tools of a startup, intrapreneurs are learning how to reduce risk and uncertainty around new products, services, and customer experiences both close to the core and adjacent to the enterprise. The position will aide in creating more efficient revenue growth, unlocking new revenue streams and providing more durable competitive advantages for the business through unexpectedly great experiences for our customers.
Specialized Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the lean startup process to strategize, conceptualize, incubate, and execute complex projects from concept to market.
- Demonstrated experience with rapid experimentation to test riskiest assumptions including the ability to think quickly and respond accordingly
- Demonstrated experience leading and communicating with all levels of leadership.
- Demonstrated experience building rapport and facilitating project teams towards rapid business impact
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading teams through scrum agile, customer centric development / learning sprints thinking
- Demonstrated experience guiding and inspiring people to move with urgency, fail fast, pursue bold and audacious goals
Additional Job Information:
American Family is looking for an entrepreneurial and design-minded leader familiar with lean startup and design thinking principles to drive culture change within the enterprise and discover and deliver new value to our customers. This will be achieved through exceptional initiative, ability to act independently, sound judgment, planning and organization as well as a knack for innovation.
- Experience as a practitioner using lean startup, design thinking, and scrum agile to drive impact
- Experience in communicating, leading and coaching lean startup teams, resulting in ability to bring high-value solutions to market
- At least 3 years’ experience working in cross functional teams to deliver human centered design projects including previous leadership experience
- Previous experience partnering with startups, tech companies and/or academia
- Previous experience leading teams using experimental / emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited 4-year university in industrial design, human computer interaction, product design, or a related field
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA focused on entrepreneurship, product development, corporate innovation or design thinking)
- Understanding of Venture Capital tranched funding models
- Startup experience and/or large company product delivery experience
- Strong interest in tackling large problems within the field of insurance and industry adjacencies
- Ability to operate in uncertain, ambiguous and challenging environment
- Collaborative, team player attitude (confidence without attitude)
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks.
Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions.
Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position.
Relocation assistance is available.
- Lead or coach lean startup teams to drive human-centered designed solutions, solving customer problems with desirable, feasible and viable outcomes
- Collaborate/coach senior leaders to ensure strategic guidance and support
- Direct cross-functional lean startup teams to deliver innovative solutions (products and services) by gaining customer empathy, experimenting around riskiest assumptions, and rapidly iterating and validating them, with startup like speed
- Learn, practice, vet and bring best practice tools, skillsets and frameworks to drive continued improvement around enterprise-wide innovation efforts
- Partner across internal and external organizations and influence at all levels of the organizations drive change
- Champion Ignite cultural transformation efforts across multiple teams
- Advocate adaptive planning to boost collaboration and flexibility between self-organizing and cross functional teams
- Facilitate evolutionary development to accelerate project delivery to drive a faster, more effective response to change
- Participate in coaching community, attend continuing education offerings; mentor new coaches
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!