The Identity and Access Management Analyst will have the primary responsibility for processing user access requests, ensuring integrity/accuracy of identity data, and requiring access to be removed when individuals leave Magic Leap or change job functions using an Identity Management System. Works collaboratively with IT and Security staff to create and manage user roles, permission lists, and user profile management. The Identity and Access Management Analyst will also be responsible for communication, escalation and timely resolution of any access and permission discrepancies identified through periodic monitoring and auditing activities. Provide addition resource to perform software installations, deployments, security configuration, troubleshooting and problems solving needs.
The IAM Analyst will also be responsible for communication, escalation and timely resolution of any access and permission discrepancies identified through periodic monitoring and auditing activities. Provide addition resource to perform software installations, deployments, security configuration, troubleshooting and problems solving needs.
- Facilitate the automation and timely completion of user provisioning processes and procedures, both from a technical and non-technical perspective.
- Review and analyze service requests to ensure appropriate access for the job role is requested prior to granting access. Additionally, the role is responsible for investigating access-related issues and working to resolve them.
- Keeps current knowledge of programs, application and operating systems supported by the department to include the management of and also an understanding of profiles and associated permissions.
- Performs consistent reviews of system users to ensure role based access is enforced and that all system users are authorized and appropriately provisioned
- Performs proactive segregation-of-duty analysis to ensure end users are not given excessive access to unauthorized IT assets.
- Reviews and makes recommendations for current security policies and procedures to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness to maintain information security and protect systems from unauthorized use and user abuse in accordance with internal controls.
- Works with internal and external auditors to fulfill requests regarding audits and compliance requirements.
- Troubleshoots and solves security problems reported by application users
- Supports security requests pertaining routine IT control audits and risk assessments.
- Reacts to and initiates corrective action regarding security violations such as attempts to gain unauthorized access as directed by the Security Manager.
- Stay current with technological developments in system security and recommends ways for the company to take advantage of new technologies and improve information security.
- Performs other IT system and security functions and projects as assigned.
- Knowledge and skill set to produce, test and validate automation techniques to consistently improve technology and business processes to ensure the identity management capabilities are functioning at expected levels.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline with 5+ years of relevant work experience (IT and security work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments)
- 3+ years of experience or training in Identity systems security fundamentals design, implementation, integration with applications, and troubleshooting across multiple computer platforms.
- Understanding of certificate based authentication and certificate management (e.g. SSL and PKI)
- Experience with system audit and profile review to address internal and external regulatory controls
- 2+ years’ experience with a variety of security technology platforms (e.g. Okta, Centrify, IBM, Palo Alto, etc..) is preferred
- Familiarity with Role Based Access methodologies to include the application and implementation
- Requires a strong understanding of security controls in a Microsoft Windows, Mac, and Linux environment to include operating systems, folders and share drive management; security controls for mobile devices
- Experience in the implementation and management of security access systems within the enterprise and in the cloud (e.g. Federation, SAML, SSO, etc.) with advanced understanding of how access control systems integrate across the enterprise
- Strong analytical skills to identify security issues and implement solutions
- Experience reviewing existing procedures and providing recommendations for improvement
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment on routine tasks or special projects
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite required including creation of PowerPoint’s and Visio diagrams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- CISSP, CEH, and GCIA certifications preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.