Responsible for the design, documentation, coding, unit testing, systems testing, and deployment of software applications. Works closely with other developers, project managers, analysts, and leaders. Works closely with clinicians to obtain regular feedback on design and development. Utilizes advance knowledge in the field of computer science or software engineering along with advanced knowledge of software development and methodologies.
- Analyzes, designs and coordinates the development of software systems.
- Responsible for developing new software and proofing/testing the development to assure production of a quality product.
- Develops new programs.
- Analyzes current programs and processes.
- Makes recommendations which yield a more cost effective product and better streamlined work flows.
- Defines and implements high performance software by leveraging a strong understanding of embedded hardware design.
- Supports team strategy in development approach.
- Iterates with team members around design and development.
- Determines and communicates the implications of system-level decisions on subsystems and components.
- Determines how best to mitigate or take advantage of these implications.
- Makes presentations to clinicians and hospital leaders.
- Observes work flow.
- Translates clinical problems into innovative healthcare solutions.
- Gathers business and application specific requirements.
- Ensures all requirements are met as well as maintained within defined project scope.
- Brings new ideas and industry solutions to healthcare for a unique application.
- Keeps up with industry trends both from Healthcare IT as well as from the mobile development application perspectives.
- Determines whether a particular problem is caused by hardware, operating systems software, application programs, or network failures and supporting as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- A minimum of 10 years of software development experience.
- Experience in healthcare software development is required.
- Experience with: SOA development using SOAP and REST; mobile application development and associated libraries.
- Proven track record of enterprise architecture experience with large volume, high availability enterprise applications.
- Experience with Microsoft .Net Technology Stack and Relational Database Design.
- Experience in interfacing with internal and external customers.
- Experience with hospital or medical systems preferred.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work autonomously and prioritize.
- Additional five years of experience or Associate Degree and three years of experience may off-set the degree requirement.
- Master’s degree may off-set two years of the ten year of software development experience requirement.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities