The Senior Specialist position is for a creative, self-motivated person who can work well independently as a one-person-band to produce high quality pieces for air and promotional use. He/She should be able to write, shoot, and edit short and long-form pieces. Travel is required.
- Work to produce creative series/segments from pitch to program across a variety of platforms.
- Conducting field production including organizing logistics for each shoot; securing guests, setting up and getting permission for locations when applicable.
- Liaise with our digital counterparts for complimentary coverage on our online and social media platforms.
- Deliver certain amount of stories and photo galleries to meet set deadlines.
- Taking care of field safety and the well-being of the teams on assignment.
- Responsible for video shooting, voice over recording, and editing programs, logging footage.
- Duplicating footage/dubbing tapes for clients and HQ.
- Gathering requested footage and making available for use in programming.
- Organizing, shelving and maintaining the footage library.
- Footage research, including securing footage from internal or external sources.
- Editing of NBA footage-based pieces for events in Asia.
- Capturing and outputting/exporting video in/out of edit system.
- Superior quality editing of feature length and short-form pieces that involve a "storyline".
- "Finishing" features and compositing NBAE programming on non-linear editing systems at a high level. Finishing includes audio mixes and sweetening, video color correction, quality control and ensuring broadcast quality product.
- Securing outside services in connection with productions and liaising with legal department to secure proper clearances when required.
- Work under extremely tight deadlines and changing priorities as well as handling of multiple projects simultaneously
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- 3+ years of producing, shooting and editing experience.
- Strong sense of graphic design and creative mind.
- Experienced in non-linear editing - Proficient in After Effects, Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere Pro (knowledge of other video editing software is an added advantage).
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can operate Canon D7 -equivalent and/or higher quality camera equipment
- Highly skilled and creative individual.
- Feature show and/or TV production experience is a plus.
- Good organizational skills, strong editorial judgment, flexibility, ability to multitask.
- Willing to work unpredictable hours and quick to adapt to changes that affect each show.
- Being an NBA fan is a plus.
Educational Background Required:
- BA/BS or MA in Communications, TV Production or degree in related field.