US-UT-Salt Lake City
Business is constantly evolving, and more than ever, staying at the forefront is all about identifying and adapting to change. As a Tax Manager, you’ll see this first hand by being immersed in the evolving tax environment through preparing and auditing income tax provisions, assisting with income tax filings, consulting on planning opportunities, and coaching and developing staff on your engagement teams.
You’ll be part of a growing global team, acting as a key point of contact for a wide range of clients and colleagues. This is an opportunity for cross-border and cross-functional teaming. In return, you can expect plenty of support designed with your own personal skills and experience. EY is a dynamic place to develop not only your technical tax knowledge, but also your professional leadership and business acumen. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience — in over 120 countries — with standard global compliance and tax accounting processes and web-based tools.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend your time supporting client engagements by coordinating day-to-day interactions with clients, reviewing staff work product, driving delivery of services to meet deadlines, developing internal team members, and managing engagement economics. You’ll continuously build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to complex situations. Identifying and resolving tax technical issues and sharing insights to improve our efficiency will be a key component. In addition, you’ll partner with other team members to help identify new opportunities to leverage to your clients across multiple service lines.
Skills and attributes for success
- Providing our clients with domestic federal tax advice and guidance tailored to their unique needs
- Keeping up to date with ongoing trends and changes to legislation that will affect planning activities
- Supervising high-performing teams and sharing your experience and knowledge of leading-practices
- Developing the technical and soft skills of younger colleagues, and participating in the performance management process
- Building relationships at all levels both internally and externally, promoting a culture of collaboration
- Preparing practical recommendations to some of our clients’ most complex tax issues
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a graduate degree in Tax or Law and approximately five years of related work experience
- CPA certification or licensed attorney status
- A background in tax compliance and accounting for income tax and a broad understanding of US income taxation
- Experience managing budgets and projects
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and data mining tools
- The ability to prioritize when working on multiple projects, and the confidence to engage and integrate directly into our clients’ teams
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A proven record in a professional services environment
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
What we look for
We’re interested in people who are ready to become a part of a highly engaged, diverse, and dynamic team to help us continue to make a real difference to our clients. If you have a strong client focus, the ability to develop meaningful relationships and the ambition to deliver above and beyond expectations, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- A collaborative culture, and the opportunity to work with some of the most engaging and knowledgeable colleagues in the industry
- Significant opportunities to build a diverse portfolio of contacts by directly engaging our clients
- A culture that encourages colleagues to develop new skills and progress within the business
- The freedom and flexibility to drive your career to meet your own personal and professional goals
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.