Galvanize is a dynamic learning community for technology. Our community is where people and companies with the guts and smarts to create real-world change congregate and inspire each other. The goal is to make opportunities in technology available to all those with the aptitude, determination, and drive. Across 8 beautifully designed urban campuses,Galvanize offers a unique combination of education, workspace, and networking.
Galvanize teaches web development, data science, and data engineering to students, offers support and workspace to over 700 member companies, and provides over 200 networking events across eight urban campuses throughout the nation. Galvanize campuses bring together entrepreneurs, students, investors, mentors, and great people and companies to develop the skills, mindset, and networks necessary to thrive in a technology driven world.
Galvanize was recently named one of Colorado’s Top 100 Digital Companies with campuses in Denver (2), Boulder, New York, Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, and Phoenix. To learn more about Galvanize, visit http://www.galvanize.com/.
Baristas serve as the frontlines of our member and guest experience. They personally connect with, laugh with, and uplift the lives of our customers – even if just for a few moments. Their work goes beyond handcrafting a perfectly made beverage or delivering a delicious meal; it’s about creating a human connection with every customer. Galvanize cafes are craft cafes positioned at the entrance of Galvanize. We focus on artisanal breakfast and lunch offerings paired with local coffee roasters. We are seeking employees who are passionate about the hospitality industry and have an excitement for sharing great products with their guests.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Galvanize
- Some culinary requirements: Baristas prepare food orders when kitchen staff is unavailable.
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high customer volume or unusual events to keep café operating to standard and set a positive example for the team.
- Anticipate customer and café needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicate information to café manager so the team can respond as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist with new team member training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Contribute to positive team environment by supporting team members, demonstrating a positive attitude and raising concerns to café manager appropriately.
- Deliver legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer-comes-first attitude and connecting meaningfully with the customer. Discover and respond to customer needs.
- Follow operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all team members during each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that all team members can locate resources and product as needed.
- Assist with monthly inventory counts.
- Provides quality beverages and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to recipe and presentation standards. Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognize and reinforce individual and team accomplishments.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Prior hospitality experience in a customer service or barista role required.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- Meet cafe operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling, and cafe safety and security.
- Engage with and understand our customers, including discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication.
- Comply with an established dress code that prohibits displaying tattoos, piercings in excess of two per ear, and unnatural hair colors, such as blue or pink.
- Prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, such as recipe changes in temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients.
- Available to perform many different tasks within the cafe during each shift.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.