Senior UI Artist
Treyarch is seeking a Senior UI Artist with exceptional talent to help create innovative user interface for our games. As a Senior UI Artist you will rapidly iterate on concept sketches, deliver high fidelity comps and bring visual designs to life in engine. Interdepartmental collaboration is critical in this role where user experience design requirements and visual aesthetics meet to provide our players high quality experiences.
Candidates should have a deep understanding of human-software interaction and be highly effective at communicating complex information with simple aesthetics. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, passionate and capable of navigating within a large development team to exceed expectations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create sketches and visual comps for game features, core UI elements and iconography to be used in stakeholder reviews
- Generate assets for front-end menus, icons, buttons, widgets, backgrounds, data displays, top-down maps, etc., from concept to the final polished product
- Stay up-to-date with trends and technology, continually looking ways to create innovative UI and optimize studio development processes
- Work directly for the UI Lead and Art Director to establish the look of the game’s front-end user interface, in-game HUD, and additional art content while maintaining a consistent visual aesthetic across all UI assets
- Work with Production to prioritize your schedule and deliver assets that support the development goals of each milestone
- Work closely with User Experience and Systems Designers to iterate on concepts until architectural and usability requirements are met
- Work with User Experience Design to ensure end-users have a seamless and intuitive experience and that all assets appear in-game with a high degree of readability
- Work with Engineers to ensure all assets appear in-game to specification and within technical constraints
- Help mentor and grow junior team member skillsets
- Create the best-looking and most intuitive user interface ever experienced in a video game
The skills & experience you’ll need:
- 5+ years’ experience working in visual media with a focus on user interface design
- Game industry experience on at least 1 commercially shipped title is preferable
- Experience collaborating with UX Designers to solve problems at a wireframe level
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a breadth of visual creativity with many examples of user interface and iconography
- Must demonstrate that you have a thorough understanding of the processes involved in a large-project art pipeline
- Must be a good communicator who works well with a variety of personalities in an energetic team environment
- Must be able to generate multiple solid concepts, pitch to stakeholders, absorb feedback, iterate and see tasks through production
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator with knowledge of applications such as After Effects, Maya/3DSMax or Flash a plus
- Experience working in a related field, such as advertising, motion graphics, web design, information architecture, illustration or industrial design a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Media Design, Graphic Design, Illustration or Industrial Design
- MUST have a passion for games; multiplayer gaming a big plus
Treyarch is an
award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay
experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. Prior to
entering development for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3, the studio’s Call of
Duty®: Black Ops 2 set world-wide launch day records, with its previous game
Call of Duty®: Black Ops having also set an entertainment launch opening record
(2010). Black Ops 2 continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
Treyarch is also the birthplace of Call of Duty’s popular Zombies.
We employ the world’s greatest engineering, design and creative talent and give
them the cutting-edge technology, tools and resources that they need to thrive
creatively, both on their own and as teams. We are driven by a deep sense of
pride, constantly striving to do the best work of our careers, so fans can have
the most fun of their lives.
To learn more about our
studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.