Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position will be hired to seed the groundbreaking technical Team for Visa in China, with the expectation
of leadership opportunities as the business and Team grows
The Global Network Operation team prides itself in keeping the network, applications and systems of Visa up and running to cater to the 24x7 needs of the business. This position is hired to seed the groundbreaking technical team for Visa in China, with the expectation of leadership opportunities as the business and team grow.
As part of the team – you will be responsible for supporting critical applications and ensuring the stability of network by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, performing root cause analysis and remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as Incident/Change/Problem management, triaging incident and vendor escalations. This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying and resolving issues of advanced complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance.
• Plan, design implement, and support network systems of moderate complexity in the commercial and corporate network environment.
• Update firewall rules/policies to meet customer requirements, validate that users’ requests do not allow unauthorized network access.
• Configures internet proxy servers to restrict corporate internet access to support the company’s acceptable use policy.
• Applies security software patches, and assists in capacity expansions.
• Troubleshooting firewall fault conditions and coordinating firewall rebuild efforts.
• Support WAN connections and determine circuit capacity requirements for the Visa Global Commercial client networks.
• Provide client capacity planning support consisting of data analysis, requirements verification, and providing client recommendations.
• Work closely with project and account managers to support all client network requirements.
• Provide network design documentation to project teams, peers, and network support organizations.
• Provision new client institutions by completing the necessary network updates and providing technical assistance to the membership in support of network changes.
• Perform second to third level support within Visa to resolve network issues and support the implementation of new network solutions.
• Provide engineering recommendations to Visa regional and product representatives as requested.
• Conduct product evaluation and testing, and support application development teams.
• Support change management processes for the commercial networks environment.
• Support maintenance window activities on the commercial and corporate networks when required.
• Build and maintain relationships with global teams and third parties to address network development and support issues.
• Participate in the development, testing and QA functions to ensure project delivery.
• Provide technical support to ensure timely problem resolution.
• Work with the Global Information Security Office to ensure Visa security requirements are met, and provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts.
• Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization and technology solutions.
• Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering/IT or related disciplines.
• Current Cisco, CheckPoint and Palo Alto certified eg. CCNP, CCSE or PCNSE would be an advantage.
• At least 5 years of hands-on experience in a network engineering design and/or support role implementing LANs and WANs using latest technology.
• Technical Expertise with IP networking and extensive knowledge of technologies such as MPLS, VPN, WAN, LAN.
• Experience and expertise with IP routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF and BGP. Knowledge of encryption technologies (IPSec, SSL), standby protocols HSRP and VRRP, and network address translation (NAT) experience is required.
• Strong knowledge on administrating F5 LTM & GTM, Cisco ACE, Cisco Nexus 9K/7K/5K switches and Cisco Unified Fabric would be desired
• Experience with network tools such as Netbrain, Opnet ACELive and SolarWinds.
• Expert level experience in managing, maintaining, and configuring Palo Alto Firewalls and Check Point firewalls.
• Strong Experience in centralized firewall management systems(Provider-1/Panorama)
• Experience in Bluecoat Proxy and Arbor.
• Expert level knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP).
• Good knowledge of SDN technologies, VxLAN, and Leaf/Spine Architecture.
• Good working knowledge on OpenSource network gears such as Cumulus switch and BigSwitch.
• Good understanding of encryption technologies regulated by OSCCA used for encryption protection or security certification of information.
• Good working knowledge with OSCCA-approved products.
• Experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical 24x7 production environments.
• Strong planning, organizational, and problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal, and leadership skills including effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols.
• Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments.
• Experience leading moderately complex cross regional projects, including planning, documentation, and implementation.
• Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems and network environments.
• Solid understanding of network and system security principles and techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among multiple concurrent projects while also handling interrupts.
• Experience in the financial and/or e-commerce business is desired.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.