QAT-Qatar-Doha-W Doha Hotel & ResidencesView on map
Aug 21, 2017
Sales and Marketing
Full-time No Management
You will part of our Sales Team reporting to the Assistant Director of Sales.
In cooperation with the Sales Team, the Catering Sales Specialist has the responsibility to respond to all catering and conference inquiries in a timely manner to maximize revenues and meeting space utilization. You will be responsible to manage and convert all business, including but not limited to contracting as well as planning and creating Banquet Event Orders. Your further tasks are to:
· Ensure that all event inquiries are entered into Opera
· Compile contracts for all groups and events business according to the guidelines set by the Manager of Catering Sales
· Ensure proper filing and recording in Opera
· Be knowledgeable about the usage of all group and catering sales engines
· Follow up on payments and be knowledgeable about the Hotel’s credit and finance procedures
· Issuing of Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) in a timely manner and ensure accurate communication to all required departments
· Coordinate the execution of events with Banquets and Outside Catering teams and make sure all details in the Banquet Event Order are understood.
· Make sure that all administrational tasks required are completed in a timely manner
· Provide production reports upon request to Manager of Catering Sales
· Create and maintain business relationship with hotel guests to facilitate repeat business
· To arrange and manage familiarization trips and site visits in line with business needs
· To represent W Doha Hotel & Residences, ensuring that the quality image of the hotel is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Hotel and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
· A Bachelor Degree is required and additional education in Sales & Marketing fields are preferred.
· Previous experience in a similar position for at least 2 years in a luxurious hotel ideally in the Middle East is required.
· We expect you to be fluent in English, both written and verbally.
· You should be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· You must also possess the ability to define problems; collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
· Excellent organizational skills as well as interpersonal and problem resolution skills are a must.
· You are the type of person that never says no, you always aim to exceed customer expectations, you are a great communicator, you demonstrate team spirit and cooperation, and act with professionalism and integrity.
· You like to take ownership, you learn, develop and adapt to change and you can work independently, take initiative and pay attention to detail.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.