Direct Niantic’s product marketing strategies and campaigns for it’s mobile gaming apps in the APAC (Asia Pacific) region, with focus on key markets like Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.
- Work with the Product Management team and the Global Product Marketing lead to conduct research that offers insights into the attributes and needs of both existing and potential users. Help identify product gaps where Niantic could better satisfy end users and partners. Author business requirements based on these user insights that help inform and influence the long-term product roadmap.
- Create and evolve product positioning and key messaging for use in external communications in the APAC region.
- Manage Public Relations communications and agencies for the APAC region, in close coordination with the CMO and the global PR agency based in the U.S. to ensure consistent as well as region-specific, tailored communications.
- Define and execute new product launch and/or marketing campaigns in close coordination with internal cross-functional partners including Product Management, Global Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Business Development/Partnerships, Operations/Customer Support, Marketing Communication and Community Management teams.
- Track and interpret product and marketing analytics; suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies, where relevant.
- Build, guide and track the APAC regional marketing budget. Conduct ROI analyses on all marketing campaigns and apply learnings to future programs.
- Assist business development teams in creative pitches to partners; conceptualize and execute on partner marketing programs.
- Communicate with important partners in Japan and Asia Pacific.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or a related field. Master’s degree a plus (esp. in Business Administration).
- 6-8 years of relevant marketing experience in areas including: Product positioning strategies that factor in market and competitive dynamics; Direct marketing, marketing program management, or marketing consulting; Paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, media buying, campaign tracking and optimization; Online data measurement and analysis of products, customers, and market dynamics; Social media marketing; familiarity with Community management & engagement strategies a plus
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and multiple priorities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Passion for analyzing products, customers and market dynamics
- Passion for technology and entertainment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission and strategic / competitive position in the market
- Ability to speak and write in Japanese and English fluently and idiomatically. Ability to speak and write Korean or Mandarin would be valued as well.
Join the Niantic team!
Looking for a new place to call home and build cool games? Niantic is looking for exceptional people to join our strong team and help build successful game apps. We are a hard working, fun, and exciting group who love what we do. We’ve launched games such as Ingress, a worldwide, real world game played by millions of people and downloaded more than 20 Million times, and Pokémon GO, which has broken records around the world and been downloaded more than 500 Million times.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we are now an independent company with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. We’re focused on building games that get people outside and exploring, enabling our players to have fun while visiting new places, learning about the world around them, and meeting new friends. We have offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Seattle, and Los Angeles and offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical / dental / vision coverage, and other benefits including daily lunch and outdoor adventures!
Read Full Description