Music uplifts, it makes us get up and dance, it adds color to life. Here at Deezer, it fuels everything we do. Want in? If you want an adventure, not just a job, and you fancy seeing ideas come to life in a heartbeat, you're in the right place.
Behind the code, the pixels and the words is the team. From all over the world, with diverse talents and skills, we're building something incredible – together!
Now, here’s the fun part…
We’re looking for an Editorial and Content Manager to join our team. You’ll be in charge of the programming experience of Deezer for your local market. As part of the local team, you will manage contents suitable for your target audience. This consists of creating content, focusing on local needs, as well as gathering content from the Global Deezer programmers and putting forward content from powerful prescribers. The objective is to build the best programming for the local users ranging from the mainstream listeners to the most demanding users. This role is based in Singapore.
Product content programming for the local market
- Possess a deep knowledge of your local catalog and its evolution
- Work with the acquisition team to give them content acquisition orientation
- Monitor and work on the local catalog indexation and metadata improvement (artist pages, albums, playlists, genres list …)
- Produce and update a pool of local playlists to fulfill users’ expectations and build a loyal audience around them
- Provide your audience with relevant local music and non-music content: artists’ playlists, contents from acknowledged specialists, products from the Deezer artist marketing team, written articles, partnership contents etc. Your goal is to be proactive in finding these contents
- Collaborate with the design and copywriting team in order to market those contents the best way possible to appeal to your audience
- Manage on a daily basis, based on this content pool, the popular channel page and provide your audience with the best local programming
- Work hand in hand with the global genre programmers to enhance the genre’s local experience
- All your content production and programming work will be driven and determined by user engagement and the monitoring of user satisfaction, which will allow you to understand your audience’s expectations.
Artist marketing management
- Label relations management: keeping in touch with contact persons of the local branches of labels, aggregators or artists managers.
- Arrange exclusive pre-releases with labels, with promotion plan including:
- Album selection for our pool
- Push notification and newsletter to our users in the local market
- Social Media Posts on FB, Twitter, and Deezer’s other social channels
- Press release to a selected list of media
- Embed code for pre-release to be published on magazine
- Manage and plan activities with partners, such as media partnerships with Festivals
Run local CRM editorial campaigns
- Producing texts for editorial direct emailing and planning of mailing, in accordance with the marketing manager
- Blog and social media management: managing and feeding the local Deezer’s properties, such as blog, Facebook page and Twitter profile.
- Translation for international CRM purpose as requested by Artist Marketing Team.
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of experience in the music industry, programming music for radio or other media networks, covering a wide range of music content
- Excellent knowledge of the local music scenes across all genres and styles, and an appreciation for types of music appropriate for different situations to make great playlists
- Creative yet have a knack for details to see through ideas to final execution and delivery
- Team player, self-starter, good work ethic, and outgoing personality
- Fluency in both spoken and written English is a requirement for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer