Flex: Leading in a Market of One
We are 200,000 dedicated innovators, working across 30 countries to create a smarter, more connected world. Leading the way in the development of innovative technologies, sketch-to-scale thinking, state-of-the-art manufacturing, and global citizenship sets Flex apart—a leader in a market of one.
In the categories of design, manufacturing, distribution, and aftermarket services, Flex has established itself as a global leader. With over 100 sites in 30 countries, we’re helping customers big and small solve the challenges of the connected age. We are the design, production, and supply chain powerhouse that enables the world’s most successful companies in sportswear, solar energy, wearables, connected living and beyond.
Supply Chain Leadership Program
Participants will complete four 6-month rotations across the core areas of our Global Procurement & Supply Chain organization while reporting directly to senior management:
• Supply Chain Solutions: Lead, create, and design world class supply chain management and real-time information tools to drive strategic supply chain objectives.
• Global Logistics: Direct the activities of distribution, ensure continuous logistics improvement, and build relationships with strategic suppliers through world-class efficiency and service.
• Strategic Supply Chain Management: Lead and design corporate strategic objectives and drive supply chain effectiveness to maintain Flex’s financial competitiveness. Plan, budget, and maintain costs and manage strategic supplier and/or customer relationships.
• Global Commodity Management: Guide selection and development of core strategic suppliers; design and setup new supply sources, negotiate pricing, and complete/renew contracts
• Advanced Sourcing: Drive Flex’s global sketch-to-scale solutions design, setup, and implementation to provide customers with fast product sourcing and time to market
Who Should Apply
Selection into the SCLP is highly competitive. Applicants should submit a strong cover letter and resume for review. Applicants to the SCLP (University) posting MUST be currently enrolled in a relevant graduate degree program with an expected graduation date in spring 2018. The next cohort will begin in July 2018.
The SCLP will prepare participants for senior manager roles and the ability to lead Flex teams globally. In addition to high impact roles and projects in the above rotations, we will support our SCLP participants by providing:
• Training – with a focus on broad business skills, problem solving, and leadership development
• Mentoring – every SCLP participant will receive frequent mentorship from GPSC executives
• Feedback – multiple rotation assessments and annual performance reviews; all with the goal of providing aggressive development and preparing our people for Flex careers after the SCLP
• Networking – exposure to senior level leaders across the business
• Placement – personalized recruiting assistance that pairs the SCLP Participants with permanent Flex roles based on participants’ performance, career interests, and Flex’s business needs
•Currently enrolled in a relevant graduate program with expected graduation in Spring 2018, within Supply Chain, Operations or relevant field
• 2-5 years’ relevant work experience in a Supply Chain-related field post undergraduate
• Rapid career progression indicating the highest levels of performance and potential
• Advanced quantitative aptitude
• Advanced problem-solving capabilities, including the ability to clearly define problems, collect data (primary and secondary), establish facts, draw valid conclusions and influence others to implement recommendations
• Understanding of company profitability drivers and return on investment
• Ability to prioritize workflow and manage multiple projects with minimal direction
• Comfort working with uncertainty and within a fast-paced environment
• Strong team player with excellent relationship and leadership capabilities
• Superior written and oral communications
• Ability to work across multiple industries/markets/cultures and on a variety of business problems
• Adequate understanding of business software, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
• Must have the unrestricted right to work in the United States
• SCLP participants will be required to complete at least one 6-month rotation internationally.
• Participants can be based in Flex’s San Jose, CA or Austin, TX offices.