DESCRIPTION/ JOB PURPOSE
The Product Specialist Manager will manage a small Product Specialist team in London, making sure the team is engaged and focused.
The successful applicant will work with the sales team to position ICE Data Services (‘IDS’) as the market leader in providing analytical, Trading, Sales Tools & Risk Management software solutions for Exotic & Vanilla Options Traders, Heads of Derivative Sales Teams, Sales Traders, Risk Departments, Middle Offices, Portfolio Managers, HFAs/Custodians, Accountants, Corporations and Corporate Treasurers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Product Specialist responsibilities:
- Domain expert to assist clients in maximizing the investment of IDS analytics, pricing and risk management solutions.
- Positioning, demonstrating, and providing support for IDS products and services to selected accounts with the overall objective to grow revenue and ensure IDS maintains a dominant position in their respective markets.
- Working with sales to identify opportunities and deliver value-added solutions to enhance our clients’ derivatives business;
- Facilitate high-level strategy presentations on IDS products, services, and technologies to key decision makers in the region;
- Product and market specialist in the Exotic Options Markets with the ability to represent IDS at senior levels in the market;
- Provide critical feedback to product management on product enhancements;
- Maintain clear records of activity including CRM, Call reports, Service Requests and Monthly Activity Reports.
- Market and Product Training internally and to clients on a continuous basis
- Being a self-learner and continuously keeping-up-to-date with all products & solutions offered by IDS
Product Specialist Manager responsibilities:
- Manage the UK Product Specialist team, leading by example from both professional and behavioral view point.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the team management process.
- Make sure the team is engaged and focused on day-to-day tasks and activities.
- Ongoing prioritization of team objectives and targets making sure management’s vision and targets are well communicated.
- Mentoring & Training of new Product Specialists so that sales have confidence to utilize the specialists’ expertise in both a pre and post sales role: build training agenda (in collaboration with training team), directly mentor and overlook mentors (senior team members) to make sure new joiners are properly trained, overlook and manage shadowing trips.
- Interview and recruitment of new team members.
- Taking a key role in the team weekly meetings: manage meetings, make sure all team tasks are completed in high quality and on time, overlook training agenda and mentoring plans, weekly meeting summaries, etc.
- Lead a culture of embracing change and communicating a positive attitude towards the change.
- Partake in the weekly PM meetings to deliver the full EMEA enhancement request / bugs feedback.
- Manage monthly TPM/TS & PM/TS meetings.
- Travel with team members to better understand client’s request and identify pre-sale opportunities.
- Collaborate with IDC personnel both from training and prospect reference perspective.
- Degree educated or equivalent experience, MBA/Master’s degree - advantage.
- Product knowledge in at least one of the following markets: Commodities (Base Metals & Energy products), Equities, Fixed Income, Interest Rates, Foreign Exchange & Credit Derivatives;
- Extensive experience at financial institutions in one of the following positions: FX, Interest rates , Fixed Income or equity or Derivatives sales dealer/trader, Trading, senior mid-office or risk management analyst; risk officer at Insurance/long term saving institution , with derivatives experience.
- Strong communication, relationship building, and presentation skills;
- Excellent networking ability-must be capable of working through people without formal reporting lines at all levels of the internal organization and the client environment;
- Structured approach to business; must have acceptable analytical skills
- Experience of mentoring, leading, or managing a team; conducting appraisals and training, helping to develop individuals through personal development plans.
UK: London (Milton Gate)
FULL TIME / PART TIME