Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuter’s Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team is looking for a Product Security Architect, specializing in matter relating to our Tax and Accounting (T&A) business. This role will be responsible for assisting the ISRM Architecture team service the specific nuances in security architecture and solution design that are resident with the T&A business, leaning on team expertise to to integrate strategic initiatives and solutions into this disperate architecture. This role will require the establishment or strong relationships within the business architecture teams, with the ability to vocalise the ISRM policy and best practices to dedicated business architects.
The ideal candidate will possess the right demeanor, skillset and experience to integrate well into other technical teams, whilst having the ability to effective utilise ISRM team members for strategy and technical expertise. Experience in driving security solutions, practices and policies into disparate businesses. Working as part of a matrix organization, ensuring peers are fully versed in common design patterns through knowledge sharing and regular presentations.
- Maintain a deep understanding of core security disciplines, with close attention to developing industry trends
- Collaborate with business and technology peers to understand business goals, use of application development processes and related tools
- Drive security design principles and requirements to enhance ISRMs ability to streamline the implementation of security controls into solutions
- Assessing secure development approaches, requirements, and evaluating existing solutions and providing strategic direction towards enhancements
- Provide technical security expertise, including communicating security architectural decisions, benefits, risks and other activities including security requirement definition, and facilitation of security testing and management of residual risk
- Serve as the Security Lead in the design, implementation and integration phases of business products and services to meet business security requirements, address corporate risks and exposures in cloud-based solutions
- Serve as a security subject matter expert during discussions and meetings with key stakeholders within each business unit
- Interact with peers, project teams, technical specialists and other senior members of the company to provide advice on security and assist with compensating control alternatives where security requirements cannot be met
- Serve as the Security expert across security architecture functional areas; credential management, access provisioning, authentication and authorization, application security, infrastructure security, data security, security monitoring and operation security
- Serve as escalation for the risk assessment team as it relates to outstanding security risks
- Experienced leader who demonstrates results in matrix organization
- 5+ years progressive experience in IT security, with minimum of five years of performing IT security risk assessments and five years of leading security architecture efforts that requires close collaboration with project teams and business stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required
- CISSP certification; CISM, CISA, CRISC, CIPP, CGEIT or ITIL certifications is preferred
- Strong understanding of cloud computing architecture, technical design and implementations, including Infrastructure as s Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as Service (SaaS) delivery models
- Strong knowledge of secure development and general software development methodologies and practices
- Experience with security related regulatory requirements, such as NIST, PCI, ISO 27001, HIPAA compliance
- Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, analytical and presentation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and team work; ability to facilitate communications to business stakeholders and interact with all levels of management; ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Good experience with CI/CD/DevOps processes and tools, having worked in an environment which releasable code is delivered every 2-4 weeks
- High level understanding of NoSQL, Couchbase, HBase and Cassandra
- High level understanding of big data technologies such as Hadoop, HDFS, Apache Spark, Impala, Hive, Parquet, Zoo Keeper, Kafka, Elastic Search
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 Year experience with AWS is desired, along with a good understanding of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to document design patterns in a coherent manor for peers to follow
- Proven ability to understand others approaches to solving problems, and guide them into a secure thought pattern
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
Technology Development Family Group
United States of America-Minnesota-Eagan-USA-Eagan-610 Opperman Dr
United States of America-Texas-Carrollton-USA-Carrollton-2395 Midway Rd
Technology & Ops - Information Security