The Vice President Partnerships is a critical role on the Evernote Go-To-Market team. You are responsible for the new development, expansion, and management of new and existing Evernote partners worldwide. The major focus will be on working with a core set of partners to drive joint customer value. Together with our partners, Evernote has the opportunity craft amazing customer experiences for hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
This role reports to the SVP of Sales & Partnerships and will partner closely with the Evernote executive team and leaders around the world.
You will lead and built upon a team that works with the senior executives of Evernote partners. In working closely with Evernote's product and marketing leadership, you will devise a strategy that outlines the role of partners in driving both new users and existing customer engagement. Key elements of the strategy include new user acquisition through global scale partnerships, technology integration partners, along with distribution channels. Upon identifying the core strategy and the metrics to measure success, you will leverage Evernote's existing partner executives along with those you establish to enable the strategy. The strategy will include the three year plan, core partners, financial modeling, and the role of channels in driving Evernote's future success.
This position is based in Redwood City, CA although we are open to another location if you are an incredible fit. The role includes some domestic and international travel.
- Develop the strategic vision and operating structure for partnerships to improve benefit for our customers, partners, and Evernote.
- Upon development, implement the partnership strategy to deliver new consumer and business customers through referrals, channels, and technology integrations.
- Build internal business case, negotiate with new partner, and bring the deal to full completion.
- Maintain, grow, and occasionally eliminate partners within the existing portfolio.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on new consumer acquisition through indirect acquisition channels.
- Negotiate, manage, and maintenance the full portfolio of Evernote global partners.
- Demonstrated creativity in crafting mutual company and partner success.
- Maintain and grow executive relationships with partners and draw in Evernote executives at strategic points to drive success.
- Actively collaborate with leaders in Europe, Asia, and China to develop and supporting worldwide partnerships.
- Work closely with product, marketing, legal, sales and engineering teams to ensure internal alignment in strategy and priority of strategic partnership opportunities.
- Hire, mentor, and develop, an extraordinary partnerships team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years experience leading Business Development or Partnerships in the technology or SaaS space.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in identifying, negotiating and deal making with with technology partners.
- Experience in product integration, marketing, and go-to-market with along with a core understanding of channel distribution software or Saas growth models.
- While not required, channel distribution model design and development experience is a significant benefit.
- Experience with software, telecommunications, or channel/OEM partnerships expected.
- Confident & low ego. Extraordinary social skills and business negotiation skills.
- You have strong written, presentation and verbal communications
- MBA degree with technical or product management background preferred.