Job Description Summary
A Fragomen career gives you the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated and diverse peer group. Our exclusive focus on immigration means you will practice in an exciting, ever-changing and challenging environment with people who are passionate about immigration. Working in a collegial, team-oriented environment, Fragomen Assistant Paralegals learn from the industry's leading experts. Our firm commitment to quality and best practices is supported by technological innovation that benefits our clients and staff.
Our Assistant Paralegals perform challenging, substantive legal work, such as:
- Learning to analyze case documents and prepare immigration applications for filing with the appropriate government agency.
- Learning procedural and processing requirements for various types of non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions and applications.
- Drafting petitions, applications and specialized support letters detailing eligibility for visa classification and other immigration benefits.
- Filing documents with government agencies and internally.
- Maintaining case management system and client contact information.
- Interfacing with corporate representatives and foreign nationals.
- Working closely in a team environment.
- Building knowledge of Firm and client processes.
The ideal Assistant Paralegal will have the following:
- BA or BS degree REQUIRED
- Minimum 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Achieve high level of productivity with great accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines and communicate case progress/status/issues to supervisor.
- Demonstrate flexibility and initiative regarding assignments for self and team.
- Ability to contribute to positive work environment.
Fragomen provides training and support to ensure your success:
- Ongoing training workshops in all aspects of immigration case strategy and preparation.
- Legal practice meetings and alerts which provide updates and address current events, advanced topics, and client relationship building skills.
- Client service team structure that enables mentoring from senior professionals.