At eSpark, we are building the next generation of tools to help students succeed in school and in life. Using student data and teacher insight, we create a personalized and creative learning experience for each student. It’s life-changing impact: each school year students who learn reading and math through eSpark are measurably more likely to be on track for college and learning the skills to be successful in life. Join our team and be a part of the product development process from the beginning to end.
Design at eSpark
Success means growth — we want eSpark to reach millions of students and for our students to grow dramatically in ways that set them up for future success. As a Senior Product Designer, you will work closely with the Product Manager, the engineering team, as well as students and teachers to turn user needs, problems and opportunities into well-designed and usable products and features. If you are excited by this challenge, then join us!
As a Senior Product Designer you will be expected to:
- Take a large problem space and break it down into a plan for exploration and design to serve the product and user goals. You help the team understand complex problems through user insights and visualized solutions.
- Understand or discover the problem/opportunity space through well-structured user research. You can lead the user research process from interview guide to insights. You know many tools to understand user behavior and can pick the right one for the situation at hand.
- Explore, build and test a wide range of solutions via rapid prototyping, concept, and usability testing. You know at least one prototyping tool (e.g. Invision, Axure) well and are excited about the idea of testing many iterations a week.
- Recommend the best way forward via flows, experience maps, UI layouts, and usability tests.
- Get it to users in a scalable way. You can take in feedback from engineering and learning design teams to create visual assets and patterns/libraries that bring your design to life.
- Ability to articulate your design criteria and UX decisions. You can clearly explain the strategy behind your work and why you’ve made certain design decisions.
- 3-8 years of experience designing and shipping web applications and/or mobile apps
- Experience with HTML/CSS or interest in learning a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work on ambiguous problems in a creative environment.
- Provide us examples of design problem solving: concept sketches, interaction flows, prototypes and UI designs for web, mobile and visual UI mastery. If you have real product examples, we’d love to see them!
Some perks and benefits of working at eSpark
- The opportunity to work with a passionate team of experienced teachers, engineers, designers, and data scientists
- Unlimited vacation. We're all adults (kinda). Take time when you need it.
- Stocked pantry, coffee & espresso, and your favorite dessert on your birthday!
- Progressive insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including a significant portion covered by eSpark
- Your choice of computers and gadgets
- Competitive salary, equity options, and 401(k) plan