CoStar Field Research Photographers are the talented and versatile team responsible for photography, videography, and research in the array of CoStar products. Equipped with state-of-the-art equipment (camera, Steadicam, and vehicle) our Field Research Photographers collect data on commercial properties, photograph exteriors/interiors of commercial properties, and film video space tours for commercial properties in their defined geographic territories. Field Research Photographers are remotely managed by a Field Research Manager located in our headquarters in downtown Washington, DC. Each Field Research Photographer is given a core territory in which the person is responsible for the research, photography, and videography of the commercial properties.
Essential functions of a Field Research Photographer:
- Photograph and collect data on all commercial properties with for lease and for sale signs working in entire assigned territory
- Drive ½ square mile areas, within core territory, searching for all commercial properties, flexible schedule based on weather possible
- Collect all visible data fields about the property including, but not limited to, the address, building type, # of stories, gross building area, building height, industrial loading information, retail specific details
- Use Photoshop software to correct digital images
- Create video tours using digital SLR and Steadicam; edit final videos using Final Cut ProX
- Create footprint and rooftop geocode for each building using polygon tool in field mapping software
- Associate any assigned tenant locations to polygon, and photograph tenant space
- Follow daily Field Research procedures involving regular communication with manager and uploading data
- Understand and maintain a pre-determined measure of quality for daily work as well as special projects
- Photograph and collect data for at least 25 buildings per day when grid canvassing
- Visually scan at least 200 buildings per day while driving, resulting in an average minimum of 15 new potential listings (leasing and/or sale signs) per day when working on lead project
- Professionally communicate with property managers and customers via phone, e-mail, and in person.
- Abide by CoStar safety standards
- Maintain company vehicle and equipment
- Represent CoStar in a professional manner at all times
- Participate in monthly conference calls with sales and research teams
- Represent Field Research at occasional trade functions
- Flexible schedule based on weather possible
Physical Requirements of Position
- Repetitive and frequent standing, seeing, sitting and walking up to 8 hours per day.
- Holding 5 lbs in one hand for 5 minutes.
- Repetitive hand and arm movements needed to type and write.
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, lifting, twisting and carrying are necessary to perform job functions.
- Must be able to work on computer from vehicle throughout work day.
- Exposed to various weather conditions each day.
- Exposed to both vehicle noise and possible car exhaust fumes.
Joining CoStar Group puts you in the center of the dynamic, fast paced commercial real estate industry. CoStar changed the way commercial real estate works by empowering professionals with the industry's largest database of researched, unbiased commercial property information. Today, CoStar Group (Nasdaq: CSGP) is the premier information, marketing and analytic solution for tens of thousands of commercial real estate brokers, owners, developers, investors, lenders, appraisers and more. We have invested over $1 billion in our research operations and we are currently seeking self-motivated, driven and inquisitive photographers to join our industry-leading Field Research team.
- Strong technical proficiency in digital photography and Photoshop
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Windows, Apple OS, Microsoft Office, and Internet applications.
- The ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts such as commercial real estate terminology, mapping, and GIS concepts.
- Field, production photography, and videography experience preferred.
Required: qualified candidates will possess the following
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Must have and maintain a good driving record
- Must agree to driving record review annually (we check driving records as part of our pre-employment background screening process)
- Ability to travel up to 2 weeks per month
- Must be able to work in the field and from car for scheduled shift
- U.S. Work Authorization
The Field Research Photographer position is a base salary plus bonus-eligible position. The bonuses are paid on a 4-week cycle and are based on your performance against pre-determined performance metrics. We are seeking individuals who thrive in a metrics and performance based environment and who are driven by bonus incentives to produce great results.
CoStar offers a benefits plan ranked among the top 10% of employers nationwide, including generous medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance (through Aetna); a 401k plan with company match and employee stock purchase plan; and paid training throughout your career.
- Extensive orientation & paid training at our headquarters in downtown Washington, DC
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription and vision benefits through Aetna with a choice of two plans
- Company-paid life insurance for one time's your annual base salary to a maximum of $300,000 per year
- Company-paid long-term and short-term disability benefits
- 12 days accrued paid vacation 1st year; 5 days sick leave per year, and 2 personal days.
- A 401(k) plan with immediate eligibility and Company match.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing