FIS provides an integrated solution suite for asset/liability management, DFAST, Basel III, budgeting and planning, regulatory compliance, and profitability. We provide solutions focused on helping our customers integrate systems and data to streamline operations, reduce cost, mitigate risk and understand enterprise-wide exposure.
FIS Institutional and Wholesale is seeking a software engineer with strong skills to join our BancWare development team working on a variety of financial engineering projects for asset/liability management and interest rate risk product offerings. He or she will thrive in a highly collaborative environment using agile development processes.
- Participate as a development team member in the agile (Scrum) process throughout the SDLC to produce high performing, advanced risk analytics for our customers
- Participate in project planning sessions, working closely with business analysts, development and QA team members to analyze requirements and provide design recommendations for complex systems
- Design and develop new software or modify existing software using disciplined processes, adhering to industry standards and best practices
- Take part in reviews of work, e.g. design and code reviews, and demonstrate software to all stakeholders
- Share knowledge and provide technical assistance to other team members within areas of expertise
- Work with technical staff to analyze problems with complex software and resolve them
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer/Information Sciences, Mathematics/Statistics or Financial Engineering, as well as five (5) years’ related work experience. Alternatively, a Master's degree as well as three (3) years’ related work experience.
- Strong knowledge of OOAD, SoA and multi-tier architectures
- Experience throughout the SDLC using Microsoft technologies (i.e., .Net/C#, SQL Server)
- Experience with web services development (Web API, REST)
- Experience with SQL Server, including database design, developing stored procedures, functions, triggers
- Strong logical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to effectively express ideas, engage in complex discussions and collaborate with a wide range of colleagues
- Delivery-oriented team player who takes responsibility for the team’s success
- Experience in the banking industry, especially in asset/liability and risk management
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development and Model Driven Development
- Experience with performance tuning applications from top to bottom
- Experience with workflow management processes, architectures and tools
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience with reporting and BI tools (e.g., SSRS, COGNOS, BusinessObjects, Power BI)
- Experience implementing/installing or supporting enterprise level software for external clients
- Experience with Microsoft Azure