As one of the leaders in our industry, over the past 30 years we’ve confirmed our place as the largest provider of electronic payment systems worldwide. With a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced work environment, our employees are results-focused and always given opportunities to excel.
We’re leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, our team is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors.
Even though we’re a leader in the industry, in the past year we started a transformation of our global business. We’ve hired a new CEO and changed the direction of the companies, so we are not so focused only on hardware but expanding to offer more services and software. And with more than 90 offices around the world, we offer a wide variety of local opportunities to fit your career goals. We provide competitive compensation and benefits packages throughout our locations along with a culture-rich environment with advancement and career development opportunities. There are fantastic opportunities to develop your career and after our transformation we expect to be even bigger, and you can be a big part of the evolution.
Job Title: Software Development Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, development and maintenance of terminal application software.
- Work, both unsupervised, and as a part of a team, in order to achieve the required targets.
- Liaise with the Software QA team to support software testing and user acceptance procedures.
- Maintain an understanding and knowledge of key industry technologies related to payment systems software and hardware.
- Provide assistance and input into the planning and implementation of software development projects to both internal business units and external customers.
- Provide technical support for released application software, working with customer support team.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Educated to degree standard, preferably in computing or engineering related discipline.
- A minimum of 4 years professional application development experience in C and C++.
- Ability to effectively analyze customer technical requirements and design software solutions to meet these requirements.
- Ability to clearly document the implemented software.
- Practical knowledge of design patterns, C++ STL, XML, JSON, SQLITE and TCP/IP protocols family will be a plus
- Experience in development of software for embedded systems.
- Knowledge of payment systems and related technologies like ISO 8583, EMV etc. will be a significant advantage.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills: communication, team-working, creativeness and scrupulousness.
What we offer:
- Ability to design and develop payment applications software.
- Opportunity to participate in international software development projects.
- Close co-operation with software development team.
- Unique opportunity for personal growth.
- Challenging work in multinational environment with a dynamic team.
- Expanded benefit package (medical care, life insurance, lunch vouchers etc.).
- Necessary working tools
Verifone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit: http://global.verifone.com/company/careers/
Role reference number: R-16061