Auto req ID
HR Job Code
100134 Project Mgr II
- Manages projects from original concept through final implementation and post-project assessment. Accountable for meeting project objectives within established timeframes. May be assigned a single project or a portfolio. Typically project size is $500k to $2.5m.
- Manages and allocates resources and organizes the work. Drafts and submits project budget proposals, and recommends subsequent budget changes where necessary. Plans and schedules project timeliness and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Partners with internal project liaisons to acquire human and material resources, assigns tasks, directs activities, and controls project execution. Motivates and supervises project team members.
- Tracks and reports progress, analyzes the results based on facts, defines the products of the project, and forecasts future trends in the project. Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and devises contingency plans.
- Maintains communications for governing bodies and interested parties. Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
PA - Pittsburgh
Project Manager II
Line of Business
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
NC - Charlotte, OH - Cleveland
PMP or Other Certification Preferred
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies
Project Administration - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, organizational strategies, practices and tools for administering projects.
Consulting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Problem Solving - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Project Management - Extensive Experience
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources, to achieve project objectives.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Organizational Leadership - Working Experience
- Knowledge of, and ability to use strategies and skills to enlist others in setting, embracing and achieving objectives.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) Project Manager II within PNC's Technology Audit organization, you will be based in Charlotte, NC.