Principal Software Engineer shall be a member of the Application team in Microchip’s Security Business Unit and is responsible for:
- Develop system solutions, example software in response to customer specific use cases and application requirements
- Develop Application Notes material for software and hardware security products
- Become the product technical expert facing customers, sales and field engineering communities
- Develop technical training collateral, demonstrators or development kits
- Adhere to standards, guidelines and best practices for Design and Development
- Deliver quality projects to meet the expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Work with multi-site cross-functional teams.
- 7+ years’ experience in software development for embedded systems.
- Very strong C/C++ programming and debugging skills in an embedded environment
- Deep understanding of compilation process and optimizations;
- Development experience on any RTOS & Boot loaders is mandatory.
- Seasoned using embedded debugging tools such as Oscilloscope , debuggers and protocol analyzers
- At ease within a fast pace, customer driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to support and guide customers throughout product development phases
- Familiarity with cross-platform development and debugging tools
- Familiarity with command line build tools
- Knowledge/experience in I2C, SPI or other networking & real-time content streaming protocols
- Very good team player and good at communication within and outside of the organization
- Experience with any version control tools (e.g.git or SVN);
- Familiarity with software release process;
- Basic understanding of digital hardware, ability to draft schematics and debug peripheral devices;
- Experience in MIPS, ARM or AVR Architecture is a plus
- Knowledge/experience in MPLAB or Atmel Studio IDE and tool chains is a Plus
- Experience with Linux is an added advantage.