In this role, you will be leading a team responsible for the account management, strategy implementation, and planning within an independent market geography. The AM is responsible for an assigned market, including implementation of internal business initiatives, and improving process efficiencies in addition to developing and sustaining strong hotel partner relationships within the
assigned area. This includes driving key activities that support Expedia’s revenue goals and strategic objectives.
The core focus for this position is day to day management of a team within defined markets by managing broader regional responsibilities and individually managing a small number of key accounts in the designated area.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team including Market Managers, Associate Market Managers, and Market Associates in the assigned market.
- Manage a small number of key accounts and local chains HQ relationships in designated area/country(s)
- Continuously coach and provide best practices and recommendations to direct reports; improve team productivity and effectiveness by systematically building the skills and capabilities of the team members
- Contribute to cross functional Expedia business initiatives; provide input to Lodging Partner Services (LPS) central Biz Dev teams through initiation and planning stages to proactively anticipate market impact and shape up optimized roll out plans
- Provide ongoing input to senior management in developing effective and scalable solutions to improve process efficiencies
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by delivering superior consulting services through regular partner contact and delivering value added services
- Develop & drive sound recommendations/action plans based on insights from data analysis to optimize hotels in the Expedia market place and their lodging market overall
- Represent Expedia in the local market, build Expedia’s company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry
- Promote Expedia’s full suite of products offerings and key initiatives to partners and educate them on the full use of our products and tools
- Lead the execution of overall market business plans to meet or exceed KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by LPS leadership
- Effectively manage working relationships, team's productivity and morale despite internal or external pressures.
- Build and maintain a high quality team (e.g. through onboarding, managed attrition, skills transfer, addressing and identifying skill gaps etc.)
- Continuously improve collaboration with other internal functions, within LPS and across Expedia.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- 4-6 years’ experience and college/university or Master’s degree; degree in Hospitality, Tourism or Business Administration is a plus but not required
- Drive for Results
- Strategy Execution
- Relationship Management
- Solution Alignment
- Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing
- Build & Maintain Teams
About Expedia Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. Collectively, the Expedia brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once
The Expedia portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging frommodest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to hundreds of thousands of hotels, hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners.
Expedia is committed to
creating an inclusive work environment with
a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.