• Primary leadership of an inside sales unit towards supporting opportunity specific responses that incorporate strong win themes across the 3 LOB’s (Petroleum and Chemicals, Life Sciences/ Industrial & Building/ Infrastructure) in India. The primary responsibility of the ISM is to position us to win work & drive disciplined application of our three-phase Relationship Based Sales (RBS) Process:
o (1) develop and advance client relationships prior to opportunity identification (Opening Game);
o (2) strategically position us for specific opportunities (Middle Game); and
o (3) develop high-quality opportunity-specific response documents with
competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy client business goals (End Game)
• Lead by example, Jacobs' Beyond Zero program to promote an incident and injury free culture. Be proactive in ensuring health and safety of bid team throughout
• Secondary leadership of the outside business development team towards identifying and growing profitable business opportunities across multiple lines of business.
• Organize, direct and motivate a multidiscipline pursuit team to develop high-quality opportunity-specific response documents with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy client business goals.
• Work with Capture Manager/Operations to develop innovative solutions, or leverage corporate network to identify existing capabilities, that respond to client challenges and create a distinctive competitive advantage. Connect with clients to help position on major pursuits.
• Contribute to execution strategy & translate the Value Proposition& Win Strategy into key themes and produce compelling sales documents utilizing benefits statements, graphics, and proofs. Leverage global network to identify and put forward Jacobs’ unique capabilities and resources.
• Work with Sales Lead and Capture Manager/Operations to develop B&P estimate, gain approval, regularly monitor B&P spending, and report any significant variances to budgets
• Share sales materials, information, knowledge and best practices with other Inside Sales team members company wide
Key Duties & Measures
Lead, Develop and Manage a Competent Team
• Leadership ensuring Jacobs ethical and integrity standards
• Ability to manage a multi-cultural work force in an fair manner
• Ensure the teams are focused on achievement of sales and business growth objectives.
• Ensure clear open communication between the team members – no functional silos.
• Coach and mentor employees with respect to work processes, values and leadership.
• To actively encourage learning from wins and losses
• Provide feedback & carry out performance appraisals for members of the BD team and make recommendations for salary adjustments and professional development towards succession planning
• Develop and maintain qualification materials including project descriptions, experience matrices/overviews, safety and quality statistics, capability statements, etc. Specifically work with Operations to capture and develop performance proofs and client testimonials
• Implement sales procedures (including CRM) & work processes
• Report status of sales spends vs budgets and attainment of new business targets
• Track opportunities progress weekly; develop and monitor progress on win strategies
• Periodically carryout competitor analysis
• Support Sales Leads and Operations in key Opening Game activities, e.g. client, competitor and market research, development of documented Core Client Strategies, participation in 10:1s, development of Executive Summaries and White Papers
• Actively work with operations to develop and implement Middle Game action plan, e.g. document due diligence in project brief, develop win plan, SWOT analysis, and Executive Summary, conduct Go/No Go and strategy review, identify execution team
• Plan, organize and direct all elements of End Game, e.g. analyze client request, develop response plan (bid & proposal (B&P) budget, response team, compliance check-list, response outline, schedule), initiate Go/No Go, conduct kick-off meeting, manage and work with team to develop response sections, refine Executive Summary, conduct in-progress reviews, schedule Pricing Reviews
• Keep abreast of industry and market / sector/ client and competitor activities & movements
• Support advancement of client relationships prior to opportunity identification;
Values & Behaviour
Knows their internal and external customers and what they need to deliver; strives to build strong working relationships; understands the customers' importance; goes the extra mile for the customer. Understands the market dynamics of clients, impact of policies, competitors
Planning and Organizing
Efficiently plans and organises work to ensure timely & quality delivery; demonstrates flexibility; Is a self- starter; demonstrates attention to detail; ensures they understand what needs to be delivered and by when.
Business, Technical Competence &
Demonstrates solid business & functional competence for their level of experience and qualifications;
Makes informed, timely and effective decisions when undertaking their work.
Acts in an ethical manner with integrity; strives to be a role model for others; demonstrates a positive attitude; takes an objective view of a situation; looks for positive outcomes; Represents Jacobs in a positive light
Leads by example; takes accountability; treats team members fairly, with respect and dignity; ensures the team has support; makes the tough decisions; has crucial conversations when needed; empowers team members where appropriate
• Undergrad degree; Bachelor of Engineering preferred
• Post graduate business management qualifications an advantage
Key Experience/ Knowledge / Skills
• Approximately 15-20 years of experience in the engineering and construction industry- could be client; sub-con or EPCm company
• Business Acumen including contract appreciation of contract terms and conditions
• Ability to plan
• Experience in downstream hydrocarbon, chemicals, petrochemicals sectors. Exposure to life sciences & infrastructure sectors would be a plus
• Ethical leadership skills with a strategic focus to create profitable business growth
• Ability to retain, identify, attract talent
• A key contribution in delivering a successful EPCm project
• Ability to articulate clear vision and direction and have good social, networking and presentation skills
• Knowledge of Indian business dynamics
• Ability to ensure unbiased and timely decision making
Key Role Authorities
• Administrative functions of inside sales team
• Review of bid pricing and ensuring completeness of bid
• Inside sales budget development, usage monitoring and reporting
• Deputize for VP BD
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Jul 25, 2017, 9:54:20 AM