Risk is present in all of Santander’s activities and effective Risk Management is a critical component of the Bank’s success. Through application of the Bank’s Risk Framework and the continuous identification and assessment of risk, Santander seeks to ensure that all of our businesses operate inside of clearly established limits, are able to proactively quantify exposures, and take corrective action when required. As a member of the Risk Management division, you’ll be part of a diverse team of talented professionals who interact with senior risk team personnel, business managers and other Bank disciplines in order to understand business operations and dynamics, and analyze, monitor, and manage related risks.
The initial focus on this position is on the ongoing monitoring of model performance and development/automation of monitoring reports for production. The person is part of the US model development team and needs a good understanding of modeling combined with a good programming ability. These models are in the areas of wholesale credit risk, (CRE, C&I, ABL…) and retail (Credit Cards, HELOC, Mortgage…).
There are 3 distinct types of model monitoring that will be performed:
- Business as Usual models used by different businesses to make business and operating decisions.
- CCAR models (e.g. probability of default, loss given default, exposure measurement)
- Some of the above models are also managed internationally and the team members will interact with globally located teams (Spain, UK…)
- A prerequisite for successful ongoing monitoring is the understanding of model use in the context of business decision making as well as the interactions among models where multiple models are used within the same process.
- Help the Ongoing Monitoring team lead to support the US businesses to conduct model monitoring activities and ensure model risks are correctly identified, assessed and captured through reporting (K-S, Gini, PDO, Scorecard distributions….) and back-testing
- Evaluating together with other stakeholders the monitoring results to ensure alignment with the ongoing monitoring guidelines (performance, data quality, change control, escalation and reporting)
- Interact/Liaise with model users, developers, model reviewers as well as IT and Implementation team
- Build and program monitoring templates in a determined monitoring framework.
- The candidate is expected to be aggressively
self-driven and have an understanding of risk analysis
- Ability to execute on
competing priorities in a timely manner.
- MS degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science,
Economics, Math, engineering, Physics or another quantitative field is required
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the above in
the banking/finance industry
- Thorough knowledge of at least one programming
language such as R/SAS/C/C++/Python
- Good SQL programming