Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Our Distribution Business Unit in Europe consists of a distributor and dealer support network. They deliver reliable sales and service of durable and high performing engine, generator set and aftermarket products to our regionally based (global) partners. Working in a diverse, multi-cultural and innovative space, you’ll interact directly with our customers, build relationships and develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set. Our integrated business demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in either Norway, The UK or the Netherlands for a Product Application Engineer.
Cummins Europe is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects and be an integral bridge between Cummins and our clients.
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
- Applying knowledge of engineering principles and practices to assigned tasks.
- Assisting in developing technical specifications, implementing designs, and delivering high performance, low-cost equipment or system results integrated with customers’ solutions.
- Interfacing with sales and marketing teams to design and deliver solutions.
- Participating as a team member and actively contributing towards team goals.
- Working as liaison between Cummins and Customers towards the following;
- To manage the engineering process to create and release distributor options.
- To provide on-site or remote support for integration and test of these new options.
- Provide direct engineering support to marketing teams with training, problem resolution and documentation.
- Develop and manage engine specs and product IDs to facilitate engine sales.
- Support the engine Installation Quality Audit process
- Participating in the engine selection process with customers
- Assisting with the integration of engines, After-treatment Products, and aftermarket engine components.
- Knowledge of engine products and applications within the marine market.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Can conduct a cross-functional design review with limited guidance.
- Product Validation - Understands the measures of data quality, methods of analysis and available tools. Includes the understanding of the work flow required to schedule, install, setup, calibrate, and operate the equipment associated with testing.
- Ability to manage personal workload and demonstrate excellent time management.
- Has experience of managing customer relationships
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- College, University, or equivalent degree in Engineering required.
- Strong consideration will also be given to candidates who have equivalent Engineering experience and are also working towards an Engineering degree.
Compensation and Benefits
In return we can offer the following;
- Competitive salary (negotiable and dependent upon experience)
- Laptop & Mobile Phone
- With a competitive benefits package dependent upon your country location.
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
Norway-Akershus-Oppegård-Norway, AS, Cummins Distributor
Belgium-Antwerp-Mechelen-Belgium, Mechelen, Cummins Distributor, United Kingdom-England-Northamptonshire-UK, Wellingborough, CUK Cummins Diesel OP10
Experienced - Professional / Office
Professional - Experienced
Aug 16, 2017, 11:18:53 AM