Job Description Summary
The Front Office Manager (FOM) is the onsite leader of front desk operations of the hotel. In absence of the General Manager the FOM represents the hotel and the company with all guests, clients, and associates. The FOM is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives covering the front desk and assigned administrative duties of the business. The FOM focus on guest and associate satisfaction, expense control and product and service quality and will lead to their contribution to the overall goals of the hotel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients. Manage according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards and instill a passion for customer service in all associates of the hotel. Create processes and procedures to ensure the hotel is properly supplied with all guest amenities, all food and beverage outlets are meeting guest expectations, and the hotel is properly maintained and clean.
- Ensure all front desk staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Manage the front office and any reservation functions to ensure the delivery of superior guest service, the security of monies, credit card transactions and guest information.
- Responsible to manage all approvals, billing, and collections of hotel’s Accounts Receivables.
- Prepare Month End Reporting for the preparation of hotel financial reports.
- Manage both the daily execution of the breakfast, evening social and the pour food and beverage operation, to ensure standards of operation and quality and guest satisfaction are maintained. Ensure the shoppe convenience store is stocked and maintained in an orderly and appealing manner. Monitor inventory and order replenishments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on department expenses. Work with the General Manager on the identification of budget variances within the Front Desk, and Food and Beverage departments.
- Purchase and/or requisition for the inventory to ensure adequate minimum and maximum stocks of all food, beverage, material, and equipment.
- Monitor and control food and beverage costs and ensure procedures are followed to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment and to minimize waste.
- Ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on the human resources and benefits programs within the Front Desk and Food and Beverage departments. This includes the recruiting, onboarding, training, ongoing performance management, and offboarding of all associates of the two departments.
- Ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on the proper use, maintenance and location of all information technology hardware and software provided to the Front Desk and Food and Beverage departments.
- Ensure the proper process is in place to manage and report on the purchasing of all supplies needed to manage the hotel. This includes the proper use of any platforms and/or programs to leverage purchasing power and the analysis of hotel spending to identify efficiencies.
- Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Respond to guest complaints or concerns in a prompt and professional manner.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Attend Evening Social and Breakfast events as a representative of the management team of the hotel and to prospect for additional sales leads.
- Enforce hotel standards, policies, and procedures are in place within the operations departments.
- Act as “Manager on duty” as required.
- Regularly sell hotel rooms through direct client contact.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety, and alcohol services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Two years of previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Opera systems preferred.
- Ability to travel including some overnight travel is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Will be exposed to commercial cleaning chemicals.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Will be required to obtain a ServSafe certification.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.