The Special Events team produces creative and turnkey internal and external-facing events, meetings and conferences on various levels and scale. The Sr. Manager, Special Events position will develop and produce the creative concept and production deliverables for special events of various size, scope, and scale.
The Sr. Manager will be responsible for full event development and execution from beginning to end including all stage and technical production, developing and managing budgets, production staff and vendor hiring, creative concept development, production logistics, creating production schedules and executive/client communications. Event productions may include hosted industry conferences, global town hall company meetings, employee programs and press events, trade shows, and other public as well as internal facing special events.
- Produce and manage a variety of special events and productions throughout the year, from soup to nuts, that include program development, creative and scenic design, event strategy, thematic development, event planning and production, general session production, run of shows and presentation management, visual support (graphic and video elements), entertainment, general meeting planning, site selection & venue management, event survey and evaluation, food and beverage management, complete staging technical design / production, budget management, and all event operational logistics.
- Support the Sr Director with other special projects as needed. This may include supporting event elements for other team member projects, creative concept brainstorming, and internal partner management.
- Be an expert on various event venues, event, and audio-visual technologies, innovative event design, event support resources and industry trends.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years show production and event planning experience
- Corporate, Theatre and/or Entertainment Event Production experience
- Strong knowledge of technical design /show production (staging, video, audio, lighting) event needs • Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Experience working with name talent and senior executives • Strong organization skills Preferred Qualifications
- Guest / Customer Service experience • Hotel, hospitality or related field • Experience with event technology platforms (webcasts, online registration websites, virtual meeting technologies, etc.).
- Expertise and technical fluidity in the Mac, Microsoft Office suite and Google Apps for Work, including PowerPoint and Google Slides.
- Demonstrated management and leadership abilities, with experience with managing a small team of direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, music, theatre, hospitality management, marketing, business or related field.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.