The Dropbox internship program is a top-notch learning experience for engineering students from all backgrounds. You will be paired up with dedicated mentors committed to guiding them to success and providing consistent, helpful feedback. Interns have ownership over their project and are encouraged to collaborate with full-time engineers to get them finished successfully. Our goal is to provide the best learning experience possible (not to mention the huge variety of social events that help to connect friendships, mentors and networks for life!)
Creating elegant products begins with lots of prototyping and iteration to explore the problem space. We care deeply about collaboration and feedback during the iterative development process. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship a reliable product that never compromises data integrity or security. Every Dropbox software release reaches hundreds of millions of people, and the user-to-engineer and petabyte-to-engineer ratio are very high here.
As an intern, you will go toe-to-toe with Dropbox engineers. We offer many different types of roles and teams that you can have an impact on. Open positions are based on team and business need. Here are some of the things you might do:
- Product Engineering - You’ll build delightful full-stack user experiences that solve real customer needs and drive tons of $$ for Dropbox - across backend, api, desktop, mobile and web.
- Infrastructure Engineering - Craft the building blocks that let us scale Dropbox to handle millions of concurrent connections, hundreds of billions of files and hundreds of petabytes of data.
- Analytics Engineering - Measure, optimize and build one of the industry’s most advanced analytics platforms to derive meanings from vast amounts of data. Our analytics platform processes more data than many other analytics companies combined.
- Mobile Engineering - You are an Objective-C, Swift, Java and C++ wizard - this team knows the ins and outs of iOS and Android SDK and can weave and bend the API’s to their will to craft the Dropbox client experience on mobile devices. They also build the backend systems that power the mobile experiences and optimize the protocol between client and server for reliability, efficiency and speed.
- Web engineering - You’re responsible for our website - dropbox.com and paper.dropbox.com. They do everything product engineers do but they’re also deeply interested in building a fast, scalable, and responsive Dropbox experience for the modern web, using cutting-edge tools like Typescript, React, and Redux.
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) - This team lives dangerously on the boundary of software and hardware - they have a deep understanding of the internals of our product and are interested in ensuring our products work well on real-world hardware in our data centers. You will build the software and automation that controls the hardware that runs our products, and serve as the first line of defense when something goes with our production infrastructure or services.
- Security Engineering - People trust Dropbox to keep their data secure, and at Dropbox we rely on our security engineers to make our products safe. You’re a software engineer with a deep interest in building software that is secure yet easy to use. By the way, interest in the shadowy computer underworld is a definite plus. Security engineers consult with product teams to secure our software, production infrastructure, website, desktop and mobile apps and our corporate infrastructure and devices.
- Computer Science (or similar) students that are currently pursuing an Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D.
- If you have experience writing or shipping software as part of internships, personal projects, coding competitions or research and the work we do at Dropbox resonates with you, we’d love to learn more about you.
- Please note, if you require a J-1 visa need to also eligible for an alternative visa option when they eventually will be taking a full-time role. Alternative visa options are limited to TN visas (Canadian and Mexican citizens), E-3 visas (Australian citizens), or H-1B1 visas (Singaporean and Chilean citizens). An H-1B is not a viable visa alternative for consideration in this role. If you are not eligible for any of the alternative visas listed for full-time roles, we will not be able to move forward in the interview process
Below please include a personal email address rather than a school email address so that Dropbox may communicate effectively with you.