We are looking for a Principal Data Scientist (m/f)
Teradata is Big in Big Data Analytics. Supporting more than 1,200 of the most recognised global leaders in their industries, Teradata’s customers include eBay, Apple, LinkedIn, Intel, HSBC, Wal-Mart and Fed-Ex. We enable our clients do more with their data, from helping build their recommendation engines, detecting fraudulent behaviours, through to predicting what the customer wants before they even know it, these are just some of the things we do.
Recognised by Gartner for our market leading Big Data Analytic solutions, Teradata continues to make strategic investments in the Big Data market to increase the value we deliver to our clients. Analytics is at the core of what we do, utilising a range of technologies and languages such as Python, R and Spark. We have added to this capability by acquiring multiple companies to grow our talent pool in the open source space. We also have strong strategic partnerships with the key players in the Hadoop space, including Hortonworks, Cloudera and MapR.
We recognise that the Data Scientist provides the critical link between the data (big or small), the technology and delivering value to our clients. We are looking for talented Data Scientists that can harness the Teradata solution portfolio and open source technology to deliver outstanding results to our globally renowned clients.
Our clients include the most demanding and challenging global companies who continuously challenge us with interesting projects. We are recruiting to fulfil this demand. If you are innovative, have the restless curiosity, creativity, commercial guile and the programming and analytical skills required to succeed, we want to talk to you.
See how you stack up against the profile we are looking for. The next step is to have a conversation with one or our leading data scientists, so you can gain a better understanding of the Data Scientist role within Teradata and we can get to know you.
Successful candidates must –
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Advanced Analytics, Data Mining, Statistics, Mathematical Modelling , Behavioural Economics and/or Machine Learning
- Have several years’ hands-on experience in the exploitation of data and the use of advanced statistical and modelling techniques to understand and improve business performance in at least one major industry vertical.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, people and project management skills.
- Be business savvy and have advanced business knowledge of at least one major industry vertical. Have a creative approach to problem solving.
- Have the ability to apply sophisticated analytical models and solutions to real-world business situations.
- Have business strategy skills to build the solutions necessary to ask the right questions and find the right answers
- Be a clear, confident and persuasive communicator, with excellent presentation skills and the ability to structure a coherent, logical argument and the confidence to defend assumptions, projections and recommendations
- Demonstrate a keen interest in, and fair understanding of, “big data” technology and the business trends that are driving the adoption of technology
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English to “speak the business language” with the ability to visualize data
- Possess excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Some knowledge of data warehousing and data management, including business intelligence (BI) and SQL
- Willingness to be a team player
- Expertise in finding and accessing rich data sources
- Acumen at working with large volumes of data independent of hardware, software and bandwidth constraints
Europe, Middle East & Africa-Germany-Munich
Europe, Middle East & Africa-Germany-Hesse-Frankfurt, Europe, Middle East & Africa-Germany-North Rhine- Westphalia-Dusesseldorf