The position will develop and assist in building and managing relationships withstakeholders in government across the following Jr. NBA markets: Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam. These stakeholders will include the Ministries of Education, Ministries of Youth and Sport, Ministries of Tourism and Sport, and Ministries of Health. The role will address key public policy issues of health, wellbeing, and physical education for children. It will support development of Jr. NBA partnerships in schools to address these issues. The candidate will enhance relationships, and build results with stakeholders regarding the role out of the Jr. NBA programs. This role is responsible for proactive government relations/issues management, and stakeholder relations.
- Develop a pathway to implement the Jr.NBA curriculum into the school curriculum.
- Develop and execute strategies in partnership with internal and external stakeholders for roll out Jr. NBA in schools, helping to develop effective stakeholder engagement plans to manage a variety of issues.
- Manage external risk, due diligence, and compliance issues to minimize or mitigate risk impact.
- Work closely with NBA Legal/Compliance to provide recommendations on key risks or issues, and determine how to handle those issues.
- Provide counsel to functions inside the NBA on the public policy environment, trends, challenges, and opportunities. Proactively recommend strategies to address these issues.
- Manage and enhance the NBA's reputation and relationships with key stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to develop communications in collaboration with third-partygroups (e.g. World Health Organization).
- Represent the NBA at meetings and presentations to government partners and stakeholders.
- Liaise with government relations counterparts within the companies of our Jr. NBA commercial partners to assist in maximizing the value delivered to these partners.
- Provide ongoing subject matter expertise and consultancy services across the NBA.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
Educational Background Required:
- Bachelor's degree required