Experienced electrical engineer to lead the reliability assessment of electronics components for audio and consumer electronic products developed in our R&D Engineering facility in Penang.
- An understanding of electronic component materials and manufacturing processes is highly desirable
- Assist and influence product design teams through identification and evaluation of electronic part selection risk and design considerations as they pertain to assess of component de-rating; system reliability and component quality
- Ensure that all electrical/electronic parts selected for integration into our products meet or exceed requirements for their intended use by providing technical expertise during component and supplier selection and part qualification.
- Provide knowledge of critical component testing, including all types of electronic components used in high volume consumer-based products including semiconductor IC’s, passive and magnetic devices, pcb assemblies, and connectors, reliability, and HALT, based on internal standards and operational procedures.
- Troubleshoot and perform failure analysis leading to root cause. Structure follow-on testing to aid in the failure analysis and issue findings to appropriate departments for corrective action.
- Provide component engineering support for the qualification of locally procured electrical/electronic components.
- support for both selection and qualification of electrical/electronic components as well as hands-on component evaluation and related testing
- Manage special projects as required for the development of new standards and procedures for electrical/electronic part reliability qualification and overall continuous improvements of processes.
- Provide subject matter expertise to EE design groups and product development teams; participate in design reviews and provide design process consulting to development teams as required.
Design, Process & Technology Engineering
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.