The Senior Functional Consultant must be able to do the following task in their job function:
- Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification
- Analyses software requirements, defines solution parameters and specifications.
- Conduct formal workshops with the client to gather requirements, displaying knowledge of the business environment in defining the customer’s needs
- Produce the estimations of the solution and involved in the high level planning and implementation methodology of the project.
- Leads the function design process. Facilitates design workshops.
- Negotiates and manages functional scope to reduce business and technical risks for both the client and Oracle Tax and Revenue Management Consulting
- Requires Software Development Lifecycle experience.
- Ramp up on Cloud methodology and approach
- Able to apply professional mastery and industry-wide understanding of technology, tools and methodologies to develop solutions in leading edge or critical situations.
- Viewed by customers as a trusted adviser
- Assist software developers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
- Should be able to review the technical solution designs, configuration aligned with the functional solution.
- Should be able to conduct trainings for clients and within oracle.
- Coordinate with the product team to provide inputs for the future enhancement of the product.
- Mentor junior consultants.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain.
- 5+ years experience in software industry. Working in a consultancy capacity on customer sites across Europe.
- Advanced SQL skills. Able to write efficient SQL’s in Oracle and/or DB2 databases.
- Ability to write programming specifications in pseudocode.
- Business skills (SCM, Purchasing, Manufacturing, etc..)
- Flexible with travelling within EMEA.
- Working experience with global SCM/Logistics department.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
An experienced consulting professional who has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May lead the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget. May act as the team lead on projects, providing coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of team members. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and leads detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Regular Employee Hire