Reporting to Senior Vice-President , IT Applications Delivery, Project Management, Procurement and Collaboration, the candidate oversees the development and implementation of the organization’s Project Management, Procurement and collaboration applications. The director will also have the following responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the SVP IT Applications delivery, ensures implementation of the business partner engagement model with respect to SNC-Lavalin key applications requirements related to his/her applications.
- Develops plans and coordinates, and supervises all activities related to the design, development and implementation of the organization's applications, working internally with a team of business analysts and with the outsourcer for the development and implementation of the related applications.
- Manages multiple business analyst teams supporting different applications.
- Directs and guides the managers, reviews different project requests, timelines and cost.
- Develops, distributes, supports, enforces, and integrates best practices and technology standards across the organization.
- Manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function.
- Works with other IT application groups in putting in place functional strategies and specific objectives to enhance partnership between SNC-Lavalin and IT outsourcer.
- Within the sub-function monitors run, improve and grow budgets ensuring that they are in line with budget.
- Applies key policies, procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- University degree or Masters in Information Technology / Computer Science
- The candidate will have 12-15 years related experience with 5+ years managing a team.
- 5+ years of experience managing medium size teams
- 5+ years of current application development approaches (cloud considerations, agile delivery, managing relationship with outsourced development teams)
- Knowledge of business requirements related to engineering project management, procurement and collaboration
- Capability to work in a fast paced environment